ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on the Return of documents online form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Question on the Return of documents online form

Post by Sunshine86 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

Hi all

I (non-eu national) wanted to request our passports and marriage certificate back using the online form for traveling outside the UK however on the declaration I found that our application for EEA2 may be cancelled, voided or refused if I travel outside the UK.
Can someone please clarify that if I travel outside the UK my application is not automatically is cancelled, voided or refused as they have mentioned below:

Some of the text from the declaration on the Return of Document form:

I confirm the information supplied is complete, true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I understand that:

if I ask for documents back, the application may take longer to process;

if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Re: Question on the Return of documents online form

Post by Sunshine86 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Please, can the regulators of this forum reply.

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Hello.

I will just tell you my experiences.
I'm a no-visa national to the UK.

I have requested my passport return twice to UKBA.

1st time
It may be not up-to-date information, as this story is from 2010.
I applied for the RC in the middle of February in 2010, and requested my passport back in March/April for a travel purpose.
There was no online application form to request any documents back at that time, as long as I knew, so I contacted UKBA by phone to request it without withdrawing my application for the RC(EEA2), got my passport back and traveled abroad in April 2010. I had the EEA family permit valid for 6 months(expired in June 2010) at that time.
Eventually, I received the RC in August 2010, exactly after 6 months waiting, as a freestanding document (sticker on a A4 paper).

2nd time
This is a recent story.
I applied for the PR(previous EEA4 form) at 21/01/15, and I requested my passport return at 10/03/15 by online form. As I remember, there was a question if I wanted to withdraw the application for the PR, or wanted to request my passport(or any documents that have submitted) return without withdrawing. I certainly chose "without withdrawing my application". I received my passport around 20/03/15, traveled abroad 01-05/04/15(last week).

I remember there were some declarations I had to tick, as "if I ask for documents back, the application may take longer to process" etc etc on the online document return application. But, I wasn't really afraid of them, because of my experience in 2010.
Actually, a letter from UKBA was attached when I received my passport returned, writing as " you need to apply for the EEA FP returning to the UK etc etc", but I regarded those wordings as something like "auto-response that doesn't apply for each individual case", so, I traveled to abroad carrying the marriage certificate, my husband's passport and the tenancy contract. My current visa, the RC hasn't expired yet(going to be expired sometime in July this year), so my immigration status in the UK is legal. Anyways, I am legal since I am a direct family member of an EEA citizen residing in the UK, though.

So, I've just been waiting for the PR.

alexgrd
Newly Registered

Post by alexgrd » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:48 pm

I have a related question.
When you applied for PR status, did you have to send your original EEA residence permit?
From what you said, it seems that you used this permit for travel?
Thanks for clarifying this point.

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:58 am

I didn't submit my original EEA RC when I applied/posted for the PR at 21/01/15.
It's not required, is it?
Well, anyways I didn't send it, because I'd lost my original RC (free standing document) last February :!:

Since I lost it, I have traveled abroad 4times, carrying a copy of my original RC, marriage certificate, my husband's passport, something to prove our co habitation(bank statements, tenancy agreement etc), and a printed out page in the UKVI website, describing that family members of EEA citizens don't need to apply for a residence card, but it can help to re-enter the UK more quickly etc etc. But, I've never met an opportunity to show them to the border control, though.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Thank you guys for your help.