ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Resident Application Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afritalia
Newly Registered

Permanent Resident Application Questions

Post by afritalia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Good day,
Im applying for permanent residency, of which i downloaded the new forms last week and i have been stumped by a few questions on the form and new some advice.Normally with past experiences I normally send off my applications 3weeks before, however I have been taken by surprise.
Firstly I'm from south africa my partner from italy, we are an unmarried couple and have been living in Uk since 2007.I was on student visa up until i applied for a residence permit in 2010.also I'm on a new passport of which my residence permit is on.So i will be applying based that i have been here on a continuous 5years in UK. (1)So Im still confused as when my RC clocked in, from the day i received it or from the day i left UK for holiday and i was stamped the first time; their first question was when did I arrive here, do i put studen day arrival in 2007 or RC arrival stamped..and then with my application I would like know (2) does my my EEA partner need to also apply for residency as well, there is a section that requires her work details, other than that is there anything else that the HO will recognise that she can apply for (2)During my student days actually 2009, i applied for the new Biometric ID when they started doing them, however when i applied for resident card, and mailed my application they took my BIO ID, I dont mind doing them again now, however there is a section that asks have i done BioID in the past and the answer is yes(old passport, old visa),however their next question on that form is asking for the Bio Info if yes and where they were done, well 6years ago no recollection i have no info on them...IS there a way i can obtain this information? And lastly another amazing question is to list the times we have left UK, my partner goes home to italy at least 3times a year,for me i can count about 4 holidays in the last 5 years, so looking for flight tickets ill be ok for me...(3) So is there a way to find out or arrivals & departures in UK on the last 5 years...does it have to be in the last years or is current year ok....in my case i have been here since 2007 on student visa until 2009 and i got new passport in 2010 with current RC. I realise they want to know everything about me, however I'm confused do i need to include information from old passport (student days), i am very grateful if anybody can shed light my RC expires 17 Aug, I never leave things late however I didn't expect these incredible questions.thanks Afritalia

noajthan

Re: Permanent Resident Application Questions

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 pm

afritalia wrote:Good day,
Im applying for permanent residency, of which i downloaded the new forms last week and i have been stumped by a few questions on the form and new some advice.Normally with past experiences I normally send off my applications 3weeks before, however I have been taken by surprise.
Firstly I'm from south africa my partner from italy, we are an unmarried couple and have been living in Uk since 2007.I was on student visa up until i applied for a residence permit in 2010.also I'm on a new passport of which my residence permit is on.So i will be applying based that i have been here on a continuous 5years in UK. (1)So Im still confused as when my RC clocked in, from the day i received it or from the day i left UK for holiday and i was stamped the first time; their first question was when did I arrive here, do i put studen day arrival in 2007 or RC arrival stamped..and then with my application I would like know (2) does my my EEA partner need to also apply for residency as well, there is a section that requires her work details, other than that is there anything else that the HO will recognise that she can apply for (2)During my student days actually 2009, i applied for the new Biometric ID when they started doing them, however when i applied for resident card, and mailed my application they took my BIO ID, I dont mind doing them again now, however there is a section that asks have i done BioID in the past and the answer is yes(old passport, old visa),however their next question on that form is asking for the Bio Info if yes and where they were done, well 6years ago no recollection i have no info on them...IS there a way i can obtain this information? And lastly another amazing question is to list the times we have left UK, my partner goes home to italy at least 3times a year,for me i can count about 4 holidays in the last 5 years, so looking for flight tickets ill be ok for me...(3) So is there a way to find out or arrivals & departures in UK on the last 5 years...does it have to be in the last years or is current year ok....in my case i have been here since 2007 on student visa until 2009 and i got new passport in 2010 with current RC. I realise they want to know everything about me, however I'm confused do i need to include information from old passport (student days), i am very grateful if anybody can shed light my RC expires 17 Aug, I never leave things late however I didn't expect these incredible questions.thanks Afritalia
Maybe too late now but here goes...

1) You just need to demonstrate you have been the dependent family member of an EAA national who has been exercising their treaty rights in UK, as a qualified person, continuously for 5 years.
What you have been doing in UK is immaterial as long as you have 5 years residency with your partner in UK.

2) Try to put down anything you recall.

Word to the wise: It's good to keep all this junk on file as the UK immigration journey is for the longhaul & you never know how/when you may need such information again.

3) See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.