ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application EEA2 Sent - how long until biometrics

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leoboy
Newly Registered

Application EEA2 Sent - how long until biometrics

Post by leoboy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:57 am

Hello,

Need some assistance. I am an EU national been living and working in the UK since 2012. My Spouse is a non EU and came to the UK in Sept 2015. I have applied for his residence card eea2 application but haven't heard anything, its been 4 weeks now. I paid by postal order

EEA2 Application sent: 10-02-16
HO Received: 11-02-2016
Biometric Letter: Not Received
COA: Not Received

We sent the application via royal mail special delivery. Can anyone advise how long does it take for the Biometric letter to arrive as I am aware that without the biometrics letter we will not receive the COA letter.

Regards,
Leo

the3rdman

Re: Application EEA2 Sent - how long until biometrics

Post by the3rdman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 pm

I'm in the same boat. Money was taken out of our accounts (me as the QP and my wife as the FM) on 19.2. Just received an email yesterday confirming receipt of my application and that it is being considered. They say up to 6 months, which is the norm. Still waiting on bio letter...

leoboy
Newly Registered

Post by leoboy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:48 pm

At least you received an email from them and got the ball rolling, I haven't received anything from them yet. From what email id did u receive the email?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:02 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

leoboy
Newly Registered

Post by leoboy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:44 am

Whom do I email if I have not received the Biometrics enrollment letter. Its been 4 weeks now?

myface2die4
Newly Registered

Post by myface2die4 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi guys, I submitted around the same time, has anyone heard from HO yet?

Regards

leoboy
Newly Registered

Post by leoboy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Not yet, however they have said to email home office to check the status of bio metrics enrollement letter. No reply on dat yet!

yulis
Newly Registered

Post by yulis » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 am

Hi Guys,

We applied in February 2016. No Biometric invitation letter received so far and I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

hviveros
Newly Registered

Post by hviveros » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi, same here!
Application sent Feb 9th and the payment was deductive couple days later. And still haven‘t received the letter for the Biometrics. I called 03001232253 and they cant give any info or status and they said it can take up to 6 months.
I don‘t understand why some people‘s timeline took only couple of weeks to get that letter. I will understand that after you summit all your information including the bio would take couple of months. but why so long to get the letter?
Should I get worry that mine is taking so long?

Will keep myself inform through this post to see how it goes with you guys and update my case to inform you as well.
Cheers!

yulis
Newly Registered

Post by yulis » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:25 pm

hviveros wrote:Hi, same here!
Application sent Feb 9th and the payment was deductive couple days later. And still haven‘t received the letter for the Biometrics. I called 03001232253 and they cant give any info or status and they said it can take up to 6 months.
I don‘t understand why some people‘s timeline took only couple of weeks to get that letter. I will understand that after you summit all your information including the bio would take couple of months. but why so long to get the letter?

Will keep myself inform through this post to see how it goes with you guys and update my case to inform you as well.
Cheers!
Hi Hviveros,

I just received the biometric enrollment letter today with date of 12.03.2016. I hope you will get it very soon too.

Thanks!

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi Hviveros,
Did u receive your biometric letter??

Thanks

Jacky

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Hello everyone.
I have applied for eea2 (married) on 3rd of march. I ain't received my biometric letter yet. Do I need to call ho. Please help.

Thanks
Jacky

sasajw
Newly Registered

Post by sasajw » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Same here.
Sent the application on Mar 6th and no feedback since then.
I called HO today and they told me to keep waiting. They said it might take up to 11 working days to receive the biometric letter.

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Haven't received COA or bio either - applied EEA EFM on the 4th March and they signed off receiving it on the 7th March. Hopefully this week...

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 am

Cheers!
Hi,
Did you receive your biometric letter. Thanks in advance.

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:13 pm

Jacky25pop wrote:

Cheers!
Hi,
Did you receive your biometric letter. Thanks in advance.

Hi mates,
i got my biomtric letter after two weeks of submission and COA after 13 days from the date of enrolment

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi All,

I'm in a similar situation. Here's my timeline:

Submitted and payment taken: 1st week Feb
Asked for passport back for emergency travel: 18-Feb

I'm back in the UK and I have not received the biometric letters and its been 6+ weeks...

I emailed Eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and have received no reply.

On the phone the people I've spoken have given me two version: 1. that the biometrics takes 6 weeks, 2. there's no timeline for biometrics.

This is very stressful since I have no answer on the state of my application and if I will be able to work...

Any recommendations?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Jacky25pop wrote:Hello everyone.
I have applied for eea2 (married) on 3rd of march. I ain't received my biometric letter yet. Do I need to call ho. Please help.

Thanks
Jacky
Hi Jacky! Did you receive your biometric letter? any updates?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:02 pm

kunfayakun wrote:

Thanks
Jacky
No mate.
Still waiting it's been 21 days since admission. I don't know why it's taking so long for biometric letter now a days. Let's hope for the best.

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Jacky25pop wrote:
kunfayakun wrote:

Thanks
Jacky
No mate.
Still waiting it's been 21 days since admission. I don't know why it's taking so long for biometric letter now a days. Let's hope for the best.
Sounds like it's taking longer than usual.

pochaco

Post by pochaco » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:43 am

Application sent on 8 March, received by HO March 9, money taken from bank account March 14.

No email confirmation, no biometric letter, no COA so far.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:54 pm

DRN wrote:Sounds like it's taking longer than usual.
There could be people panicking about the referendum result and applying for permanent residence when previously they wouldn't have bothered.

sasajw
Newly Registered

Post by sasajw » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:20 pm

Hi! I finally received my biometrics letter today. For your reference, I waited for about 4 weeks.
Hope everyone who's worried about it gets the letter soon.

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 am

Just an update - received by Bio and COA (no right to work) today April 2nd, dated March 28th.

Hopefully yours is on its way

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm in a similar position and am getting worried. Applied as the non married partner of my Italian boyfriend. Sent Feb 11th, payment taken Feb 26th. But nothing since, no reference number or letter. I called HO 2 weeks ago and they said I would receive some kind of confirmation within 4 weeks of payment being taken, but I've still had nothing. Starting to worry as I need to request my passport back for travels in July and because my Australian drivers licence is about to expire (so I need to send it back to Australia for a replacement); don't want to be without ID.

I'm reading fairly mixed experiences on this forum? Can anyone please advise if theres anything I can do? Thank you!