ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card Processing Time 2016

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RassesM
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Card Processing Time 2016

Post by RassesM » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:48 pm

veronicasilva88 wrote:Today is 6 months since I sent my Non EEA PR application (application sent on 06/06/16)

I called the Home Office, and they call me back on the date. Apparently even after the 6 months they are not supposed to give you any information...just incredible....

They just said that is taking time and that sometimes takes longer and that the only thing that I can do is wait, that they cannot give me any information about my speficic case

Any other Non EEA applicant from June has received the PR and passport back?

Thanks,
Veronica
Hi Veronica,
I applied on 25th May (payment taken 28th) and still haven't heard back. Someone called me back after enquiring yesterday and they told me it was showing as still processing and I'd just have to wait. No apologies about being outside of the published time frames, and couldn't tell me whether it was because there was an issue with the application or a backlog because of Brexit. It's torturous, but in their words you just have to 'be patient and wait' ... much easier said than done!

eln
Newly Registered

Post by eln » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:09 pm

veronicasilva88 wrote:Today is 6 months since I sent my Non EEA PR application (application sent on 06/06/16)

I called the Home Office, and they call me back on the date. Apparently even after the 6 months they are not supposed to give you any information...just incredible....

They just said that is taking time and that sometimes takes longer and that the only thing that I can do is wait, that they cannot give me any information about my speficic case

Any other Non EEA applicant from June has received the PR and passport back?

Thanks,
Veronica

Hi Veronica,

I am in the same situation!
Applied on 6/6/16, payment taken on 9/6/16 and haven't heard anything so far. My solicitor called Home Office and they told him that we might hear something next week.
So painful!
Please keep us posted on your application.
Good luck!

singleday
Newly Registered

Post by singleday » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello,

I am an EEA national, have been living in the UK for about 8 years. I applied for the PRC in July 2016 (almost 5 months ago) but still have not heard anything back.

Application submitted: 14 July
Payment Taken: 19 July
Application Confirmation Email: 15 August

I know this is still within 6 months, however looking at other posts here I can see that most of the EEA nationals have already received their cards, even those who applied in August/September :/

Is any other EEA national waiting for their PRC who applied in July or is/was waiting for 5+ months?

I changed my address in August but I did notify Home Office about it (back in August). I also called them to make sure that I submit my new address details correctly and the guy on the phone walked me through where and how to do it on their website. So I assume I did it right...

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:58 pm

singleday wrote:Hello,

I am an EEA national, have been living in the UK for about 8 years. I applied for the PRC in July 2016 (almost 5 months ago) but still have not heard anything back.

I know this is still within 6 months, however looking at other posts here I can see that most of the EEA nationals have already received their cards, even those who applied in August/September :/

Is any other EEA national waiting for their PRC who applied in July or is/was waiting for 5+ months?
How did you reach the conclusion that most EEA nationals who applied in the summer have already received their cards?

Pretty much every other day you hear from someone who applied in June or July... I think in many cases it takes roughly 4 months but that's no guarantee unfortunately. :roll: Some people who applied in August started getting responses but I think there are still many applications from before August that are waiting to be resolved...

I contacted them a couple of weeks ago and I tried to get them to tell me roughly where did they get with the processing, but the guy refused to answer that. However I know some people were told in the past that for example they started processing the applications received on 1st of March.

gertrudec
Newly Registered

Post by gertrudec » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:21 am

The last time someone posted information on this forum about Home Office telling them what date of EEA applications were being assigned to case workers was on 21/10 and they said they were assigning applications from 28/06.

However, if you look on this forum at the latest people that applied and have obtained their DCPR already, there's a couple of people whose application was received by Home Office on 15/08 and whose DCPR was dated on 10/11 and 11/11. This makes me think that applications received during mid August were at least assigned to case workers a month ago. It's hard to make confident guesses from there on, but if we assumed everything continued the same, applications from mid September might be already assigned to case workers.

This doesn't say much about how long it will take to finish processing your application, as the processing times vary a lot, but at least you know that probably your application isn't accumulating dust in a corner (maybe accumulating dust in a case worker's desk...).

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:44 am

gertrudec wrote:The last time someone posted information on this forum about Home Office telling them what date of EEA applications were being assigned to case workers was on 21/10 and they said they were assigning applications from 28/06.

However, if you look on this forum at the latest people that applied and have obtained their DCPR already, there's a couple of people whose application was received by Home Office on 15/08 and whose DCPR was dated on 10/11 and 11/11. This makes me think that applications received during mid August were at least assigned to case workers a month ago. It's hard to make confident guesses from there on, but if we assumed everything continued the same, applications from mid September might be already assigned to case workers.

This doesn't say much about how long it will take to finish processing your application, as the processing times vary a lot, but at least you know that probably your application isn't accumulating dust in a corner (maybe accumulating dust in a case worker's desk...).
While there has definitely been a BIG improvement in the time required to receive the confirmation email (from 1 month in the summer to less than 3 weeks in the fall), I don't think the speed of decisions has changed. There will always be people who receive their decision back faster, but overall I think it's best to assume it will take roughly 4 months or more if you applied after the referendum.

Or maybe they hired more staff or improved their processes. We can only guess. We probably need more time to reach that conclusion. In the meantime it would probably help if some of us managed to find out what date they are currently processing.

The waiting time probably also depends on the caseworker, whether they had holidays or they were off sick, their speed and how coherent the application is. Some caseworkers are probably much faster than others.

e_gamarra
Newly Registered

Post by e_gamarra » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:52 am

I changed my address in August but I did notify Home Office about it (back in August). I also called them to make sure that I submit my new address details correctly and the guy on the phone walked me through where and how to do it on their website. So I assume I did it right...

Hi,

I also applied for myself, my husband and daughter as EEA Nationals.
All documents sent: 18Jul2016
Email confirmation: 19August2016
and I still haven't heard anything at all form them!
I do hope they arrive before Christmas, otherwise I image they will be delayed to mid January with all the bank holidays and stuff.

I'm not sure if the 6 months start counting from the application date or from the email confirmation date, does anyone know this?

Thanks!

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:00 am

e_gamarra wrote:

Hi,

I also applied for myself, my husband and daughter as EEA Nationals.
All documents sent: 18Jul2016
Email confirmation: 19August2016
and I still haven't heard anything at all form them!
I do hope they arrive before Christmas, otherwise I image they will be delayed to mid January with all the bank holidays and stuff.

I'm not sure if the 6 months start counting from the application date or from the email confirmation date, does anyone know this?

Thanks!
Application date as far as I know.

gertrudec
Newly Registered

Post by gertrudec » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:50 am

salmintin wrote:
gertrudec wrote:The last time someone posted information on this forum about Home Office telling them what date of EEA applications were being assigned to case workers was on 21/10 and they said they were assigning applications from 28/06.

While there has definitely been a BIG improvement in the time required to receive the confirmation email (from 1 month in the summer to less than 3 weeks in the fall), I don't think the speed of decisions has changed. There will always be people who receive their decision back faster, but overall I think it's best to assume it will take roughly 4 months or more if you applied after the referendum.

Or maybe they hired more staff or improved their processes. We can only guess. We probably need more time to reach that conclusion. In the meantime it would probably help if some of us managed to find out what date they are currently processing.

The waiting time probably also depends on the caseworker, whether they had holidays or they were off sick, their speed and how coherent the application is. Some caseworkers are probably much faster than others.
From my understanding of what I've read in this forum (and I probably read it too much!), confirmation email and application assigned to caseworker are separated things. People that applied at the end of June received confirmation email around the end of July, but their application apparently wasn't assigned to a case worker until October. I think assignment to case worker is the last thing that happens chronologically with the application arrival date, because of the variation in processing time for different applications.

And I think there has been some changes in the speed of decision too (although not too big and not for all applications). Some applications from August seem to have taken around 90 days, that wasn't the case for any applications from June or July, the quickest recorded from those months were around 110 days. (This data is from the people that have posted their dates in this forum, which of course is limited information).

That info is not really useful when someone is anxious about receiving their DCPR, but it helps me calm my thirst of information a little so I wanted to share in case someone else found it interesting.

veronicasilva88
Newly Registered

Post by veronicasilva88 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:22 am

Hi All,

I have good news here!

I received my passport back with all the documentation and a letter stating that in 10 working days I should receive the permanent residence card.

Application Date: 06/06/16
COA Issue Date: 12/07/16

The letter that I received today is dated 08/12/16

One more thing to say is that I send on Friday 02/12 a letter asking them to expedite my application as was almost 6 months since application and I was having issues at work for not being able to travel. Not sure if this helped but maybe a good idea for those who are still awaiting a response.

For those who already received the permanent residence card. Does it really take 10 working days to receive the card? I need to buy my flight tickets for xmas and new year! :-)

Thanks all for your support during difficult days

Veronica

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi Veronicasilva

Congratulation for PR

May I ask you where did you send letter Liverpool address Or Durham, please if you can share your experience it will help others,

Thank you very much and once again congratulation for PR
EEA1 & EEA2 Application sent on 26/07/2011
Received by Home Office 27/07/2011
EEA1 and COA Received in one pack 23/09/2011 (Dated 01/09/2011)
Resident Card 18/10/2011

stanmore06
Newly Registered

Post by stanmore06 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi Veronicasilva, congratulations on your PR. can you please post the details of the office you contacted that probably helped expedite your application. Thnx.

My timeline:
App. posted: 19/05/2016
Rcevd: 20/05/2016
Biometrics: 11/06/2016
CoA: 21/06/2016
PR: ???? still awaiting

Solicitor called and was told application is still processing. Involved my local MP who made contact with the HO on the 30/11/2016.
The wait is painfully unbearable as I can't make any travel plans for Xmas.
Anyone has an idea as to why this has prolonged way beyond the legal 6 months processing time? and any advice if any as to what other step I could take is highly welcome. I haven't called the HO yet because I want a feedback from my solicitor and the MP first.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

veronicasilva88
Newly Registered

Post by veronicasilva88 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi,

I sent it to both Liverpool and Durham and I know that they received because in the envelope that they sent back with the passport and document was the letter.

See below the letter text for your reference. Hope that helps.

My name is XXX and I have applied for a Permanent Residence Card on the 06th June 2016. I have provided the biometrics information and received a Certificate of Application with Issue Date 12th July 2016.
The £65 payment fee was taken on the 07th June as per my bank statement records.
I am writing to you because on the 06th December the six months period will be reached during which the Home Office has to legally process my case and I really need my passport and permanent residence for employment reasons.
I am fully employed in the UK (and I have been fully employed since I was allowed by law in the UK from 2011 onwards). I am working for XXX (please find enclosed a letter from my employer where states that I work for them). I am a XXX and due to the nature of the work I need to travel to client sites to perform my work.
It is really inconvenient for me to not have a decision on my case after the six months of the application and it’s causing serious issues at my work and unnecessary stress.
I request you to expedite my case on the base that according the Regulation 17(3) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 says that a residence card must be issued to a non-EEA national who is a family member of an EEA national who is a qualified person, or has a permanent right of residence within 6 months of receiving an application.
Please see below the case number and other application information for your reference and consideration.
Full name: XXX
Date of birth: XXX
Date of application: 06/06/2016
Royal Mail Recorded Delivery number: AF667397024GB
Method of payment used when making the application: Credit Card
Case ID or Home Office (HO) reference: XXXX
Certificate of Application Issue Date: 12/07/2016

Kind Regards,

stanmore06
Newly Registered

Post by stanmore06 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Thanks so much for your prompt reply Veronicasilva I really do appreciate. Just be sure you basically posted the letter by first class to both the Liverpool and Durham Office right?
Will copy and edit and post today at least its worth the try.

Thanks again.

veronicasilva88
Newly Registered

Post by veronicasilva88 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Stanmore06,

Yes, first class to both Durham and Liverpool (it costed £12)

Good Luck!

I am now waiting for my PR card to arrive!

Regards,
Veronica

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:46 pm

noajthan wrote:Note this is not a general "how do I get my passport back?" or "when can I apply for confirmation?" thread.

If over 6 months, try making a request to expedite application as per latest guidance - no guarantees though:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v4.0.pdf
- ref page 37
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

stanmore06
Newly Registered

Post by stanmore06 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi noajthan, not sure if you read my actual initial post because it's regarding Permanent Residence card processing time containing my TIMELINE. And you'll notice I have read the thread you recommending as I have made that request through my solicitor and MP already. I was hoping you will be able to tell me something from your experience why an application could take over six months and what else other than the steps already taken I could further take. Veronicasilva's suggestion looks pretty good and I'm posting thos letters Monday. Lastly, my CoA was sent to me from the post decision team in Sheffield, does that mean anything? Thanks for your candid and prompt reply.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:30 pm

stanmore06 wrote:Hi noajthan, not sure if you read my actual initial post because it's regarding Permanent Residence card processing time containing my TIMELINE. And you'll notice I have read the thread you recommending as I have made that request through my solicitor and MP already. I was hoping you will be able to tell me something from your experience why an application could take over six months and what else other than the steps already taken I could further take. Veronicasilva's suggestion looks pretty good and I'm posting thos letters Monday. Lastly, my CoA was sent to me from the post decision team in Sheffield, does that mean anything? Thanks for your candid and prompt reply.
@stanmore06, my post was not to you - It was posted earlier and based on repeated cries for help but may have been missed by some members.
Unsurprising really as this is such a jumbled thread with multiple sub-themes in it.

Without someone 'on the inside' noone would know the internal workings of HO. Nor why HO are unable to meet any specified timelines.

Letters to HO should be a first resort not last resort. But in case of particular member its likely to have been coincidence that she wrote to HO and then result came.
Apart from hunches and gut-feel, all there is to go on is the HO internal guidance - which is the subject of the link posted.

I despair about questions about internal routing of mail before it leaves HO premises; whether from Durham or Sheffield or Timbuktu what does it matter. There is no evidence anything can be made of it nor read into it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

veronicasilva88
Newly Registered

Post by veronicasilva88 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi All,

Just to give you an update on my PR in case that can help others

Application Date: 06/06/16
Payment Debited: 07/06/16
COA Issue Date: 12/07/16
Letter with PR Decision, Passport and Documentation: 09/12/16
PR Card Received: 12/12/16

Good luck!

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Here is my timeline below

Application sent on 20/06/2016
Received by UKVI on 21/06/2016
Mooney deducted on 25/06/2016
Bio Metric Letter received 27/07/2016
COA Right to Work Received on 25/08/2016 ( After I requested through email on 22/08/2016 I got in three days ).

Waiting for PR I am little worried because I did send early before qualifying period (5 Years ) but now completed 5 years in during application process.( Married to EU national for 5 years and completed on 12/07/2016).

Will see how case worker assess my case I did send also additional documents on September to Liverpool address for safe side ( June to September Bills and Payslips).

my wife acquired her PR on 8/12/2014 and I have daughter 2 years old holding British passport. All the evidence submitted with application, now time for outcome in few days.

I hope will help others with my timeline and wish you all the best whose waiting to hear from UKVI.

Thank you
Resident Card 18/10/2011

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:49 pm

vndpag wrote:Here is my timeline below

Application sent on 20/06/2016
Received by UKVI on 21/06/2016
Mooney deducted on 25/06/2016
Bio Metric Letter received 27/07/2016
COA Right to Work Received on 25/08/2016 ( After I requested through email on 22/08/2016 I got in three days ).

Waiting for PR I am little worried because I did send early before qualifying period (5 Years ) but now completed 5 years in during application process.( Married to EU national for 5 years and completed on 12/07/2016).

Will see how case worker assess my case I did send also additional documents on September to Liverpool address for safe side ( June to September Bills and Payslips).

my wife acquired her PR on 8/12/2014 and I have daughter 2 years old holding British passport. All the evidence submitted with application, now time for outcome in few days.

I hope will help others with my timeline and wish you all the best whose waiting to hear from UKVI.

Thank you
Good luck! Mind sharing your wife's timeline? When did she apply? And when did she receive the documents back?

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi Salmintin

My wife acquired her PR in December 2014 two years ago however that time timeline is different then now.
I don't remember the date but when she applied we got it back three weeks. It was complete surprised to see in three weeks.

Should you need any further information please do not hesitate to ask me.

Good luck to all whose waiting and please share your timeline so other can judge or plan according to their requirements,

Lets help each other with this journey.
Resident Card 18/10/2011

eln
Newly Registered

Post by eln » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Application sent on 6th June and still no news.
My lawyer called Home Office last week and I gave them another call yesterday and I was told that someone will call me in 5 working days.
So painful.
Anyone in the same situation?

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi ELN

Application made on 10 June call HO today and the lady on the phone said the samething to me .

Ema26 please update if anyone got GOOD News

Regards

Jay

ama26

Post by ama26 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Still nothing from my side :( I've literally been checking on this forum all the time to see June applications updates. Well I also called Home Office again today. They took my details to call me back. Hopefully I will either receive a response before they call or they will call to say a decision has been made.

Will keep you guys updated