ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional Supporting Documents for EEA Family permit!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Additional Supporting Documents for EEA Family permit!

Post by Hamza2013 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:21 am

All,

Is there any way to send additional supporting documents for our EEA Family Permit applications which are under consideration. I assume these additional documents can strengthen our case, these documents are received after the applications Submission.

HereBeDragons
Newly Registered

Re: Additional Supporting Documents for EEA Family permit !!

Post by HereBeDragons » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:21 am

I can't help I'm afraid, but am in almost exactly the same position.

Having read through other people's experiences, I realise I should have included a fair bit more detail and documents.

My plan is to prepare the docs for a new application and assume the first one will be refused.

If it helps, this website was really useful for us;

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

Select location you applied.

You then want the 'Other non-settlement visas', and then 'EEA family permits'.

I've just checked ours and spotted that they're now using July figures and it's significantly slower than June. Probably holiday season low staff issues. Paris previously said 99% decided within 10 days, and that's now 95% in 15 days. Your mileage may vary.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks HereBeDragons,

We have applied from Ireland and looks like waiting is 3 weeks,

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Are you applying as EU Spouse?

HereBeDragons
Newly Registered

Re: Additional Supporting Documents for EEA Family permit!

Post by HereBeDragons » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:09 pm

Much the same in France, it seems to have gotten a bit slower in July which I'm sure is due to lots of staff on holiday.

I would think it's almost impossible to change or add any extra documentation though. From experience of dealing with visa applications in the UK, they simply don't listen to anything out of the ordinary, they're not programmed to deal with it.

Best of luck.

secret.simon

Re: Additional Supporting Documents for EEA Family permit!

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:25 pm

HereBeDragons wrote:it seems to have gotten a bit slower in July which I'm sure is due to lots of staff on holiday.
More likely because of the surge in applications by EEA citizens post Brexit vote.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.