ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR data file

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Engin1979
Newly Registered

SAR data file

Post by Engin1979 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:11 pm

HI everyone
I have a question about HO records and personal file after when we make EEA family permit with in uk.
I applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT back in 2008. My lawyer send my file to HO and after 7 months I received my EEA FAMILY VISA for 5 years.
I want to get my file copy now. Is this SAR or something else that we need to name?
Do you guys think I can get complete copy of my file ? What I mean by complete is that I want everything whatever is in my file that I gave them at the time of my application. That includes " proof of relationship, letters and affidatives etc.."
This is very important for me ... Anyone can help pls..

Kind regards

secret.simon

Re: SAR DATA FILE

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:31 pm

You are correct in that you have to make a Subject Access Request (SAR) with the Home Office for any personal information that they have on file regarding you.

However, it is possible that it will not contain all the supporting evidence that you provided.

The Home Office, like all organisations, periodically reviews the data it has and destroys that which will not be required in the future. It seems that visa files are retained for a period of two years.

Read the Home Office Personal Information Charter. Details for more information are towards the bottom. You may wish to contact them for more details of their data and information retention policy.

And of course, the quickest way to know is to apply for the SAR. It costs only £10.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Engin1979
Newly Registered

Re: SAR data file

Post by Engin1979 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:35 am

Thank you so much for the answer. It very helpful. I will let you know and share my experience thru this application. It might be helpful for others..