ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to know that your EEA family permit was not refused?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

How to know that your EEA family permit was not refused?

Post by Kaoumani » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello!

Last week I applied for my EEA family permit, is the second time that I do it because the first time it was refused by an email. I am here to ask you that if I have received the email that the decision was made and in few days I will get back my passport, I didn't receive any email of refuse as the last time. Could that mean that it was not refused? Could they refuse it without sending any email about the refusal? I need a reply please.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! :D :)

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Re: How to know that your EEA family permit was not refused?

Post by Kaoumani » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Kaoumani wrote:Hello!

Last week I applied for my EEA family permit, is the second time that I do it because the first time it was refused by an email. I am here to ask you that if I have received the email that the decision was made and in few days I will get back my passport, I didn't receive any email of refuse as the last time. Could that mean that it was not refused? Could they refuse it without sending any email about the refusal? I need a reply please.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! :D :)
Please I only need to know if they send you any email saying that it was accepted if they accept your visa application as they do when it's refused.

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 pm

I think you'll have to wait till you get your documents back. They do not send an email when it's approved. The first you find out is when you receive your passport and find an EEA Family Permit in it. Quite a nerve-racking wait but hopefully you can collect your passport soon and find out.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks soooo much for ur reply!!! :D

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:01 pm

MrSlyFox wrote:I think you'll have to wait till you get your documents back. They do not send an email when it's approved. The first you find out is when you receive your passport and find an EEA Family Permit in it. Quite a nerve-racking wait but hopefully you can collect your passport soon and find out.
Hello, they sent the refusal letter, which I don't understand. Can someone explain me what is happening? What do I have to provide now?

Here's what they said me:

"You have applied for an EEA family permit as the family member of an EEA national. You state on your application that your husband is employed in the United Kingdom by xxxxxxx. I have assessed whether this employment means they are a qualified person under the 2006 Regulations. In order to be considered in effective employment your sponsor is expected to reach the HMRC Primary Earnings Threshold (PET) on a consistent basis throughout the period of their employment. The current PET is £153 gross per week, or £663 gross per calendar month.

You have submitted evidence of your sponsor’s employment in the form of payslips. However, there is no evidence of his financial circumstances and in turn there is no evidence of the funds shown on the provided payslips being paid into his bank statement

Therefore, you have failed to provide evidence that your sponsor is a qualified person in accordance with Regulation 6 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006. I am, therefore, not satisfied that s/he is residing in the United Kingdom in accordance with these Regulations."

Please, help me, it's the second time that they refuse my application.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:18 pm

You have not submitted adequate supporting evidence, as explained in the refusal letter.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:39 pm

noajthan wrote:You have not submitted adequate supporting evidence, as explained in the refusal letter.
But what more documents do I have to submit? Could you please help me? Because we submitted more than 6 payslips and they refused.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Kaoumani wrote:But what more documents do I have to submit? Could you please help me? Because we submitted more than 6 payslips and they refused.
Collate and submit more evidence.
If you submitted 6 payslips before send 12 now.

Salary needs to be enough to pass MET test too - that's the way UK plays it.

Have you followed the guidance?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... permit.pdf

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:52 pm

The refusal also mentions that there is no evidence of the earnings being paid into a bank account.

Was your husband paid in cash?

Did you submit bank statements corresponding to the payslips?

How much has your husband been earning per month?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Casa wrote:The refusal also mentions that there is no evidence of the earnings being paid into a bank account.

Was your husband paid in cash?

Did you submit bank statements corresponding to the payslips?

How much has your husband been earning per month?
I submitted only they payslips. He's payed by bank account but I didn't submitted it because the first time I applied they didn't say anything about it. He earns 1800 pounds tax free per month. Do I have to submit the bak statements, the work contract? Can you help me please? I am so confused.
Last edited by Kaoumani on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Follow the guidance linked above.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:07 pm

noajthan wrote:Follow the guidance linked above.
Thanks Noajthan for the link, I have saved the part referred to finances and employment. I think I should submit the bank statements, the contract and payslips.

Thanks so much. Any other information that could help me will be welcomed. Thanks in advance for ur time!

K.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Kaoumani wrote:
Thanks Noajthan for the link, I have saved the part referred to finances and employment. I think I should submit the bank statements, the contract and payslips.

Thanks so much. Any other information that could help me will be welcomed. Thanks in advance for ur time!

K.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Many people seem to suffer 2 or 3 FP refusals before success.

Make sure you have adequate evidence of relationship to sponsor too (for example, not just a marriage certificate).
Good luck.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:07 am

noajthan wrote:
Kaoumani wrote:

K.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Many people seem to suffer 2 or 3 FP refusals before success.

Make sure you have adequate evidence of relationship to sponsor too (for example, not just a marriage certificate).
Good luck.
Thanks so much for your advice. About the cover letter: My husband is in UK but in my application I will travel with him, I mean that after our wedding celebration we will go to the UK, but he's already there. How could I say this in the cover letter? It would be so helpful your reply.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:14 am

Hello

3. I have applied again with all the following documents: (bellow)

Information about me:

Printed and signed VAF5 application form
My Passport
My Passport size picture
My original Spanish marriage certificate with its English translation (evidence of my marital status)
Copy of my previous passport (to show my travel history)
Copy of my current passport
Certified copy of my ID card (Permanent residence card: as evidence of my permission to be in the country where I am applying)
Reference letter from my last employer.
Study certificate from ***********

Information about my sponsor in the UK:
Proof that my husband is exercising his treaty rights in the UK:

Copy of my husband’s Passport (evidence of my husband nationality)
Certified copy of my husband’s ID card
My husband’s contract of employment
My husband’s personal tax returns (recent document from the UK government tax office confirming my husband’s income and the amount of tax that he has paid)
My husband’s payslips (covering up to the previous 8 months)
My husband’s National Insurance Number (NIN certificate and a copy of the national insurance number card)
My husband’s bank statements (showing what has been paid in and out of his account for up to the previous 8 months; the payments of the salary are shown)
Tenancy agreement of my husband
Proof of address: (bank statements; tenancy agreement; payslips; Income tax; contract of employment)
Evidence of the relationship with my husband and any contact between us: Phone records done by my mobile: ******* to my husband’s number: ******
Print screens of our connection via email
Print screens of my husband and I conversations via: Facebook, Skype, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Imessage.
Pictures of my husband and I, including proposal ceremony and wedding ceremony.
Train tickets confirming that we travelled in Spain together
My husband’s flights coming to Spain to see me
Reference letter from my friend ********
Declaration of our story together
Declaration from my husband that I will be joining him in the UK and he will be supporting me financially once there.

I have applied on 15th February; On 16th February they have sent me this e-mail:

"Dear *******

Regarding Visa Application: *****
For: *****

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

I had no news till 1 March when they sent me this e-mail:

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."

On 12th March I have called them and an advisor told me that my application was in process.
I would like to know if there's someone who has had the same experience?
Could they take more than 1 month of working days processing the visa?
Do you think that my supporting documents would satisfy them? Are they completed?
I feel frustrated because I have been trying so many times waiting for an approval answer and now I have to wait more time. I would like to know if is it a normal situation? I would like to know if the processing time that they are taking is a good or bad news? Because I think that I have submitted more than enough information.

PLEASE HELP ME. I need more than hope. Everything depends on that.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:30 am

Kaoumani wrote:Hello

3. I have applied again with all the following documents: (bellow)

Information about me:

Printed and signed VAF5 application form
My Passport
My Passport size picture
My original Spanish marriage certificate with its English translation (evidence of my marital status)
Copy of my previous passport (to show my travel history)
Copy of my current passport
Certified copy of my ID card (Permanent residence card: as evidence of my permission to be in the country where I am applying)
Reference letter from my last employer.
Study certificate from ***********

Information about my sponsor in the UK:
Proof that my husband is exercising his treaty rights in the UK:

Copy of my husband’s Passport (evidence of my husband nationality)
Certified copy of my husband’s ID card
My husband’s contract of employment
My husband’s personal tax returns (recent document from the UK government tax office confirming my husband’s income and the amount of tax that he has paid)
My husband’s payslips (covering up to the previous 8 months)
My husband’s National Insurance Number (NIN certificate and a copy of the national insurance number card)
My husband’s bank statements (showing what has been paid in and out of his account for up to the previous 8 months; the payments of the salary are shown)
Tenancy agreement of my husband
Proof of address: (bank statements; tenancy agreement; payslips; Income tax; contract of employment)
Evidence of the relationship with my husband and any contact between us: Phone records done by my mobile: ******* to my husband’s number: ******
Print screens of our connection via email
Print screens of my husband and I conversations via: Facebook, Skype, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Imessage.
Pictures of my husband and I, including proposal ceremony and wedding ceremony.
Train tickets confirming that we travelled in Spain together
My husband’s flights coming to Spain to see me
Reference letter from my friend ********
Declaration of our story together
Declaration from my husband that I will be joining him in the UK and he will be supporting me financially once there.

I have applied on 15th February; On 16th February they have sent me this e-mail:

"Dear *******

Regarding Visa Application: *****
For: *****

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

I had no news till 1 March when they sent me this e-mail:

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."

On 12th March I have called them and an advisor told me that my application was in process.
I would like to know if there's someone who has had the same experience?
Could they take more than 1 month of working days processing the visa?
Do you think that my supporting documents would satisfy them? Are they completed?
I feel frustrated because I have been trying so many times waiting for an approval answer and now I have to wait more time. I would like to know if is it a normal situation? I would like to know if the processing time that they are taking is a good or bad news? Because I think that I have submitted more than enough information.

PLEASE HELP ME. I need more than hope. Everything depends on that.
Why submitting copy of EEA passport and certified EEA ID, Can't you get hold of original? either one of it should be enough

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Why submitting copy of EEA passport and certified EEA ID, Can't you get hold of original? either one of it should be enough
No because he's not here, he has the original ones. I was told that a certified copy from the police of spain stamped on his ID card copy was as the original one.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Also in EEA FAMILY PERMIT supporting documents it says in the part of "Information about your sponsor in the UK":

- Evidence of your's sponsors nationality: this could be copies of:
  • bio-data pages from their passport
    their national identity document
    their residence permit

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:38 am

It is very difficult to have a clue if your application will be refused. Now I on the nerves rocking train because I applied for R.O.R back in October last year and now the 6 months is drawing near. I just cannot sleep at nights because I am up constantly worrying about it.

With the Brit exit now am not sure how my application will be dealt with. My workplace is waiting for the resident card now so they are checking the time also. I am quite petrified to say the least because I have been refused twice so it's very hard on me now. This long waiting is affecting my job and performance because I am constantly making mistakes because my mind is constantly on thing resident card.

I apply for retention of rights following my divorce, I was marry for 7 years and my ex starts the divorce 1 month before his 65 birthday so am not sure if he's classify as a qualified person been that he's about to get his state pension. I am truly worried to death. It would be good if anyone could share their experience if they've gone through similar thing.

Mpmp16
Newly Registered

Post by Mpmp16 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Kaoumani may I ask if there is any news regarding your application? Did you receive any decision yet? I am wondering about timelines..
I am also waiting for decision on my husband's family permit ( its been around 10 working days now, and have not received any other info that the same confirmation email like you at the beginning) so I completely understand how nerve wracking it can be..

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:27 pm

It is very difficult to have a clue if your application will be refused. Now I on the nerves rocking train because I applied for R.O.R back in October last year and now the 6 months is drawing near. I just cannot sleep at nights because I am up constantly worrying about it.

With the Brit exit now am not sure how my application will be dealt with. My workplace is waiting for the resident card now so they are checking the time also. I am quite petrified to say the least because I have been refused twice so it's very hard on me now. This long waiting is affecting my job and performance because I am constantly making mistakes because my mind is constantly on thing resident card.

I apply for retention of rights following my divorce, I was marry for 7 years and my ex starts the divorce 1 month before his 65 birthday so am not sure if he's classify as a qualified person been that he's about to get his state pension. I am truly worried to death. It would be good if anyone could share their experience if they've gone through similar thing.

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

Post by Kaoumani » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Kaoumani may I ask if there is any news regarding your application? Did you receive any decision yet? I am wondering about timelines..
I am also waiting for decision on my husband's family permit ( its been around 10 working days now, and have not received any other info that the same confirmation email like you at the beginning) so I completely understand how nerve wracking it can be..
Hello, we have not heard about our application. It has passed 33 working days till today, when I write them all they tell me is that my application is processing, but we didn't receive any call or e-mail, we don't know how could they take more than 1 month looking for information without contacting us. We think that maybe they are not studying our application, they have sent us the e-mail because they have a lot of other applications to deal with. We have to suspend our wedding party, with more than 200 guests because I don't have my passport back and I can't travel to Morocco to celebrate it. This situation is taking me out of control...I don't know what else can I do. They told me that they can't provide me more information... :cry: :? :|

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Sat May 13, 2017 5:13 am

FINALLY, FINALLY I got my resident card granted following my divorce. It has been an uphill struggles for the past couple years but with great courage I made it through. This forum was one of my biggest support outlet during my battle. I have posted lots of information in regard to my case and had gotten back very positive and encouraging respond. I have to also highlight that VINNCY and Obie talk me through how to get my C.O.A by requesting it from the Home Office following my appeal because the Home Office doesn't issue any without you requesting one. I am sooo greatful for their advise.

Am not even sure where to start from because it is a very long journey but to recapped it, I was marry for 7 years to an EU national and got divorce in 2015. I applied for both resident and permanent and was refused both times. After the divorce I applied for the ROR and it was successful. During my marriage my ex.wasn't working continuously so my application wasn't clean cut but because he turn 65 he is classified as a qualify person so I was able to retain rights of resident.

I applied on the 10th of October 2016 and did bio one week later. One week after Bio was done I receive my COA and on the 10th of May 2017 I got an email from my solicitor confirming the application was successful, now I am waiting for the resident card to be issued within the next 10 working days. During my marriage I was constantly working which is very important regardless of my ex been a qualified person because one have to meet all the requirements in order to be granted the Rights of Retention.

Thank you guys for been so helpful becuase if it wasn't for this forum I would be in deep waters trying to get to shore without any success. I would have lost my job becuae I didn't know that I have to requested my COA from the Home Office becuase I was going through an appeal at the time but I ended up ditching the appeal and get the divorce and go for the ROR which was the right thing to do. Thanks for all the info and input.

Now before I go I would like to ask one more question. When can I apply for my permanent resident ? My new resident card is for 5 years and I have already done 7 years during my marriage.