ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sufy2308
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by sufy2308 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am a Portuguese national living in UK since 2 years and my wife has applied for eu settlement family permit from Dubai.
Timeline-
24th July - biometrics done and application submitted.
6th August- email saying documents received in Sheffield
9th August- not straight forward email
Didn’t hear anything after this.

Please can someone tell me how long it usually takes for a decision after not straight forward email???

khitchatuhi
Newly Registered

Post by khitchatuhi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 pm

abimfol wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:17 pm
Hello everyone,

Can somebody tell me how they applied for pre settled status after moving to the UK with eea family or eu settlement scheme family permit.

I'm trying to figure out how to go about it.

Thanks

hi

i am looking to so same, i got family permit and i called eu settlement scheme and they told me to apply for pre settled status, but a lot of people are still applying for residence card instead i dont get it

Imuk1980
Newly Registered

Post by Imuk1980 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:15 am

MaxZaman wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm
ok what nationality you have
Spain

MaxZaman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by MaxZaman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:40 am

Hi 👋🏼 Everyone
13 August 2019
I received i Called from my Local MP Regarding My application He said to me That Decision has been made on going application of My Parents you will Received Your Passport hopefully this week

15 August 2019
Received A Call and Text Your Processed Application Has been Received and ready For Collection

16 August 2019

Passport Received And Get EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit Sticker

Allahamdulillah

Durco
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Post by Durco » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi All,

I would like to share my recent experience and possibly gave you all some hope.

18/07 - my wife scanned her documents and done biometrics in Bogota Colombia

29/07 - mail that Sheffield received her application and considering..

Ever since nothing. No mail no call..

After 15 working days we started to worry!

15/08 - I called UK visa and Immigration
Paid for call and been told that decision has been made and we should get answer beginning of next week.

22/08 - I called again..spend over £20 just to find out that decision been made on 05/08 and case will be escalated.

23/08 today my wife vent to VFS centre to find out what’s going on as we find strange that decision was made 3 weeks ago and don’t get even email about it..
They gave her passport with visa in it dated back to 05/08.
I guess nobody bother to let her know that her visa are ready, so we lost 3weeks.

I fond this highly upsetting and unprofessional not to mentioning the UKVI paid useless service!
It would be nice if they use all those money they collect from us for some more efficient and transparent system!

Anyway..the good news is that we can finaly be together:)
Wish you all good luck guys!

Buran1984
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Buran1984 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:53 am

Hi Guys,
i wonder how this TLS assisted service works? also do i need to bring them all pics and viber logs and skype logs with hard copy or i can give them digital as well because it hell alot pics to print?
thank you.

sufy2308
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by sufy2308 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:34 am

I have submitted documents in VFS and they asked hard copies on A4 paper for all documents including call logs and photos

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi there , I recently applied for the eea fp, I have come to the notice that Incase the eea national’s passport can’t be sent ,a certified copy can be sent, but I sent a photocopy of the passport instead, can I be refused because of this?

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:12 pm

Afiabajan wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:35 pm
Hi there , I recently applied for the eea fp, I have come to the notice that Incase the eea national’s passport can’t be sent ,a certified copy can be sent, but I sent a photocopy of the passport instead, can I be refused because of this?
I don't think it's a problem

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:45 pm

How about photocopies of documents? We took both originals and photocopies but tls chose to scan photocopies instead. Am very worried

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Afiabajan wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:45 pm
How about photocopies of documents? We took both originals and photocopies but tls chose to scan photocopies instead. Am very worried

You don't need to worry. I submitted photocopies as well and everything went fine

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:03 am

Thank u so much, am much better now

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 pm

I am so nervous because today I received an email that Please be informed you that your passport is ready for collection, please visit your nearest UK Visa Application centre along with original receipt.

I applied for my mother from Karachi. My wife is Eea settled status and I have dual nationality, so my wife applied for her mother in law (my mother).

Timeline:
Online application submitted on 30th June 2019.

But my mother booked biometric late on 19th August 2019.

20 August 19- email received that Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

30 August 19 at 6am - The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/30/2019 .

And surprisingly within an hour another email received-
Please be informed you that your passport is ready for collection, please visit your nearest UK Visa Application centre along with original receipt, and original CNIC with copy from Monday to Friday in between 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM.

I informed my mother and now so much anxious about the decision. Hope finger crossed 🤞

Waiting game
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Waiting game » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 pm

pinkpanter wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 pm
I am so nervous because today I received an email that Please be informed you that your passport is ready for collection, please visit your nearest UK Visa Application centre along with original receipt.

I applied for my mother from Karachi. My wife is Eea settled status and I have dual nationality, so my wife applied for her mother in law (my mother).

Timeline:

20 August 19- email received that Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

30 August 19 at 6am - The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/30/2019 .

Please be informed you that your passport is ready for collection, please visit your nearest UK Visa Application centre along with original receipt, and original CNIC with copy from Monday to Friday in between 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM.

I informed my mother and now so much anxious about the decision. Hope finger crossed 🤞

Hi @pinkpanter,
What's the outcome, hope u got ur mother FM, plz update, thanks

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:41 am

Waiting game wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 pm
pinkpanter wrote:

Timeline:

Hi @pinkpanter,
My mother couldn't go yesterday due to heavy rain. She is on her way to collect the passport. Hope good news.

Waiting game
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Waiting game » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:11 am

Afiabajan wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:03 am
Thank u so much, am much better now
Hi,
have to heart anything or any update.....

Waiting game
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Waiting game » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 am

pinkpanter wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:41 am
Waiting game wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:

Timeline:

Hi @pinkpanter,
My mother couldn't go yesterday due to heavy rain. She is on her way to collect the passport. Hope good news.
Oh ok, Dont worry everything will be fine... hope for the best

Buran1984
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Buran1984 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:28 am

we sent my wife's eu family permit application and its already in processing now and i am going to start new job so do i need to send information about my new job to visa decision centre ?
thank you

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:33 am

Waiting game wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 am
pinkpanter wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:41 am
Waiting game wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:

Timeline:

Hi @pinkpanter,
Oh ok, Dont worry everything will be fine... hope for the best
Alhamdullika! My mother got 6 months EU Settlement Family Permit. Total 9 days from the date of Biomatric. I am now relief :)

Waiting game
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Waiting game » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:37 am

Alhamdullika! My mother got 6 months EU Settlement Family Permit. Total 9 days from the date of Biomatric. I am now relief :)
[/quote]

wow congats bro, so happy for you :D :D

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 am

Congratulations @pinkpanther
It’s my second week today ,hoping to here something by next week. Good luck to everyone

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:26 pm

Afiabajan wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 am
Congratulations @pinkpanther
It’s my second week today ,hoping to here something by next week. Good luck to everyone
Bro my best wishes are with you. you will get it if you have submitted all necessary documents/details required. best of luck and please do inform.

Ara123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ara123 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:41 pm

I am Indian national and my Husband is Polish national I applied for EEA family permit and submitted the required documents. I had my biometrics done in Warsaw.

07th August-Boimetric and submission of documents.Recieved email-Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.
14th August-Recieved email-Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre.
19th August-Recieved email-Require additional document which were provide on the same day
20th August-Recieved email-Application not straightforward. Tried contacting the UK visa contact centre payed services they replied saying we cant provide any individual time frame.
30th August-Called the contact center payed services. The lady on the phone couldnt speak clear english she hardly understood english, somehow after managing to convey the situation she said that the decision for my application was already made on 22nd august which I didnt recieve any update about. She said she will escalate my case.
02nd September-Called again and the same lady was there on the phone she was about to escalate the case after I called her for second time. I recieved an email from her saying case was escalated and I the decision making center is replying within 15 days.
03rd September-Emailed TLS office enquiring about the case but still pending.

Still waiting for any updates on the case, checking my tracking site every hour looks like I was suppose to recieve my passport by now as the decision was made on 22nd. I dont understand what took so long for the visa office. The paid contact services were helpful for a bit but after spending 30-40pounds they hardly managed to speak english and they cant provide much information.

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Ara123 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:41 pm
I am Indian national and my Husband is Polish national I applied for EEA family permit and submitted the required documents. I had my biometrics done in Warsaw.

07th August-Boimetric and submission of documents.Recieved email-Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.
14th August-Recieved email-Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre.
19th August-Recieved email-Require additional document which were provide on the same day
20th August-Recieved email-Application not straightforward. Tried contacting the UK visa contact centre payed services they replied saying we cant provide any individual time frame.
30th August-Called the contact center payed services. The lady on the phone couldnt speak clear english she hardly understood english, somehow after managing to convey the situation she said that the decision for my application was already made on 22nd august which I didnt recieve any update about. She said she will escalate my case.
02nd September-Called again and the same lady was there on the phone she was about to escalate the case after I called her for second time. I recieved an email from her saying case was escalated and I the decision making center is replying within 15 days.
03rd September-Emailed TLS office enquiring about the case but still pending.

Still waiting for any updates on the case, checking my tracking site every hour looks like I was suppose to recieve my passport by now as the decision was made on 22nd. I dont understand what took so long for the visa office. The paid contact services were helpful for a bit but after spending 30-40pounds they hardly managed to speak english and they cant provide much information.
I think u should go to tls yourself and check if your passport is there, someone had this issue ,only to go to tls to find out his passport has been there for weeks
They sometimes don’t send you a mail to let you know your passport has arrived . Try n go tomorrow cos once you’ve received a confirmation that a decision has been made then it’s definitely with tls

Oleg1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Oleg1992 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:20 am

Just want to share my story and how I got my wife a spouse visa with no problem with the eu settlement scheme.

She's Moroccan, we only been together for 8 months and married in August in USA. She won the green card lottery that's how she was able to go there. I lived in UK for 15+ years so I got the settled status. Anyways she just sent our marriage certificate, her passport and national id and that's all you need for the visa to be given but only if you have settled/pre settled status. The whole process only took 10 working days and im so happy to be with my wife now. Good luck to everyone else who applying.