ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled status processing time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

funnycute20
Newly Registered
Mood:

Pre-settled status processing time

Post by funnycute20 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:30 am

Hi,

I am opening this topic thinking it might be helpful for the people living in UK for a period of less than 5 years so they qualify for pre-settled status. Please share as well your processing times.

I applied in the test phase, as an EU citizen with biometric passport and I have been living and working in UK for 2 months now. This was my timeline:

- Application submitted and online payment: 24/01/2019
- COA received: 24/01/2019
- Pre-settled status granted: 30/01/2019

I have to mention that because I haven't received yet my NINo, I had to submit a document from UK dated anytime in the last 6 months as a proof of residence. I submitted my plane ticket and letter from employer, but it is a very wide list of documents that you can submit.

My husband is an Indian citizen and he came here on EEA family permit, so we will wait for the settlement scheme to fully open by the end of March, to be able to apply for him as well. By the way, anyone knows if he will have to submit his biometric data at a center before or after applying for the pre-settled status?

Thanks. :D

ioana1986
Newly Registered

Re: Pre-settled status processing time

Post by ioana1986 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:34 am

funnycute20 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:30 am
Hi,

I am opening this topic thinking it might be helpful for the people living in UK for a period of less than 5 years so they qualify for pre-settled status. Please share as well your processing times.

I applied in the test phase, as an EU citizen with biometric passport and I have been living and working in UK for 2 months now. This was my timeline:

I have to mention that because I haven't received yet my NINo, I had to submit a document from UK dated anytime in the last 6 months as a proof of residence. I submitted my plane ticket and letter from employer, but it is a very wide list of documents that you can submit.

My husband is an Indian citizen and he came here on EEA family permit, so we will wait for the settlement scheme to fully open by the end of March, to be able to apply for him as well. By the way, anyone knows if he will have to submit his biometric data at a center before or after applying for the pre-settled status?

What is the expiry date of your pre settled status? does this cover the time you already spent in uk (i.e. 2 months) .

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:47 am

How did you apply as the beta test is limited to few region and employers? Is it possible for every EU national to apply?

cryvate
Netherlands

Post by cryvate » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:52 am

arya_uk wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:47 am
How did you apply as the beta test is limited to few region and employers? Is it possible for every EU national to apply?
Yes, and even non-EEA nationals if they already have a BRP.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 am

arya_uk wrote:
The system is now in public beta - open to anyone.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:44 pm

What happens if EU national is not working because of the childcare but not claiming any benefits as the NON-EU spouse is working. How it impacts the overall application.
Do they charge £65 for each applicant?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:02 pm

funnycute20 wrote:
Hi,

funnycute, do you remember if at any point of the application you can add dependants?
I am on an EEA permit on paper, which means, as your husband, I'll have to wait.
But my EEA wife and baby could maybe get it out of the way now.
Tx!
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

funnycute20
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by funnycute20 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:35 pm

ioana1986 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:34 am
funnycute20 wrote:
Hi,

What is the expiry date of your pre settled status? does this cover the time you already spent in uk (i.e. 2 months) .
The expiry date of my pre-settled status is 31 January 2024, but as soon as you achieved 5 years of residing in UK you can apply for the settled status. It is even advisable in the letter to apply before your pre-settled status expires.

funnycute20
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by funnycute20 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Mileman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:02 pm
funnycute20 wrote:
Hi,

funnycute, do you remember if at any point of the application you can add dependants?
I am on an EEA permit on paper, which means, as your husband, I'll have to wait.
Tx!
Your EEA wife can apply already, but there wasn't any question with regards to dependants.
You will need to call and ask them about the baby's situation.

funnycute20
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by funnycute20 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:40 pm

arya_uk wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:44 pm
What happens if EU national is not working because of the childcare but not claiming any benefits as the NON-EU spouse is working. How it impacts the overall application.
There wasn't any question about working, they are just asking if you have or not a National Insurance Number.
And yes, until it fully opens you need to pay £65 for each application, which will later be refunded, probably after 30 March 2019.

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:42 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 am
arya_uk wrote:
The system is now in public beta - open to anyone.
Thank u very much

arya_uk

Post by arya_uk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:45 pm

funnycute20 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:40 pm
arya_uk wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:44 pm
There wasn't any question about working, they are just asking if you have or not a National Insurance Number.
And yes, until it fully opens you need to pay £65 for each application, which will later be refunded, probably after 30 March 2019.
Thank u very much

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:06 pm

funnycute20 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:37 pm
Mileman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:02 pm
funnycute20 wrote:
Hi,

Tx!
Your EEA wife can apply already, but there wasn't any question with regards to dependants.
You will need to call and ask them about the baby's situation.
Thanks FC. Under 21s usually get the same status as their parents, though still not clear if an individual application is needed.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months: