ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national not allowed to fly to UK from Portugal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EEA national not allowed to fly to UK from Portugal

Post by NatCam » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:43 am

@Kamoe - because of what you suggested earlier.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:28 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 pm
There's little point in continuing this discussion, when the OP is no longer choosing to respond. :idea:
I find value in this forum both in the actual solutions suggested to people's problems, and in the collective discussion that takes place around them. Very often it's possible to learn a lot, and to correct and be corrected. A full myth busting discussion being available to everyone is of immense value, even if the OP never reads it again.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:31 am

NatCam wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:43 am
@Kamoe - because of what you suggested earlier.
Oh sure. But keep in mind that was only a wild guess as to what could be the issue. If it's not, then the husband would probably find himself just as powerless (according to the story they all have the same nationalities).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:28 am
Casa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 pm
There's little point in continuing this discussion, when the OP is no longer choosing to respond. :idea:
I find value in this forum both in the actual solutions suggested to people's problems, and in the collective discussion that takes place around them. Very often it's possible to learn a lot, and to correct and be corrected. A full myth busting discussion being available to everyone is of immense value, even if the OP never reads it again.
Pointless though when the full story is not being told and everyone just chips in their 5cents worth and the topic becomes a long running of 'guesses'!! You must be aware of the many topics like this on the forum that become a nightmare!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:58 pm

@CR001 She can read on this site anonymously, maybe something we say will make her come clean, if she really needs help. I'm truly curious as to what happened to her. Not only that, I'm concerned because there are children involved. Could you please leave it alive for some time?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:32 pm

NatCam wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:58 pm
@CR001 She can read on this site anonymously, maybe something we say will make her come clean, if she really needs help. I'm truly curious as to what happened to her. Not only that, I'm concerned because there are children involved. Could you please leave it alive for some time?
She can indeed, but KBconnection hasn't visited the forum since Mon Mar 18, 2019 @ 11:17 pm :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm

@Casa, Fine. It is not for me to decide.
Thanks for your patience.
(I really wonder what happened to her.)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:49 am

It was certainly not UK Border Force Officers. There are no BFO’s based in Portugal, so who they were is still a mystery as far as I am concerned. If it was some other UK authorities they would have identified themselves and issued you with some kind of paperwork / documents to deny boarding.
There are airline liaison officers in some countries but they don’t get involved in stopping people at the doors to planes. If they had been involved then you would not have got past check-in. The chances of these officers being at anything other than the most major European airport hubs is virtually nil. If you were transiting through a major hub then they may well be in the airport. But as I say - they don’t personally stop passengers boarding.

I know nothing of the children safe guarding rules in Portugal but if they have a straight no fly policy where there is no formal dual parent concent, then that looks like the most likely cause for you to be denied boarding.

For anyone to actually help you, you need to explain what happened with much more detail. Which airline, which airport, who & how the individuals that denied you board identified themselves, were they uniformed, did they speak English, were they British, what was said to you, what reason did they give to explain why you could not board, was there any notice issued to you, what did you do after you were denied boarding, who did you talk to or complain to at the time?

Without that level of detail no one can offer any meaningful help.