ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for EU EXtended Family Members

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Raja2018
Pakistan

ILR for EU EXtended Family Members

Post by Raja2018 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi Sir, I got a 5 year BRP as a EU extended family member, my question is, I was dependent on EU national brother and got the visa and work permission but If I work full time and do not stay dependent on my brother any more will it affect my case when I apply for ILR or trying to become independent will help me getting ILR.
Many thanks in advance

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR for EU EXtended Family Members

Post by Obie » Tue May 07, 2019 12:37 am

If an extended family member cease from being a dependent or member of the household of a union citizen, then they lose their right as family member under regulation 7(3) and hence cannot accrue rights for the purpose of regulation 15(1) (b).
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Raja2018
Pakistan

Post by Raja2018 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 am

Thank you obie, what I understand from your post is that a dependent EU extended family should be living under same roof or still be depedent on his sponsor to continue through his visa and to apply for ILR.
But I don't need both?

Can you please explain me how long can I stay out of UK accorging to current rule and how a year is counted, from the day of issuing of visa a year starts or like normally from 1st jan. Thank you

Raja2018
Pakistan

Post by Raja2018 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Hey moderators, can anybody please answer my question. Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:37 pm

You want to use regulation 7(3) that states:
(3) A person (“B”) who is an extended family member and has been issued with an EEA family permit, a registration certificate or a residence card must be treated as a family member of A, provided—

(a)B continues to satisfy the conditions in regulation 8(2), (3), (4) or (5); and
(b)the EEA family permit, registration certificate or residence card remains in force.
As described, you are trying to satisfy condition 8(2)(b)(ii):
has joined the EEA national in the United Kingdom and continues to be dependent upon the EEA national, or to be a member of the EEA national’s household.
So, it's a or. The way I read it is:

- Part of household, dependent --> OK
- Part of household, not dependent (has a job) --> OK
- Not part of household, dependent ---> OK (like having different address but receiving money and support)
- Not part of household, not dependent ---> Not OK [the entire universe is under this category]