ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pranab0077

Evidence of Settled Status

Post by pranab0077 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:26 am

Hi there
I'm an EU national and have got settled status.
But, I haven't been given any Settled status card or stamp on my EU Passport.

1)I will be going to sponsor my parents in law visit visa and I need to submit my identification
and any residence status to the British Embassy into their country of origin (India).

2)So, What kind of evidence can I submit to demonstrate that I'm a settled
status holder in the UK and don't have any Settled Status/PR card.

3)I will submit my EU passport but, it will not demonstrate adjectly my UK residence status. Those who have got
PR card, they may submit but, not me or any other EU national with settled status.

Can you give me your valuable suggestions, please

kamoe

Re: Evidence of Settled Status

Post by kamoe » Wed May 22, 2019 2:52 pm

pranab0077 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:26 am
1)I will be going to sponsor my parents in law visit visa
According to the HO they can apply for a Family Permit, not a visitor's visa (even if they don't intend to stay for long): https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/tourism/yes/no

Since you have Settled Status, you need to apply for the Eu Scheme Settled Status FP, not the old EEA FP.
What kind of evidence can I submit to demonstrate that I'm a settled
Your passport and your Settled Status application number should be enough.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

pranab0077

Post by pranab0077 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:34 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:52 pm
pranab0077 wrote:
According to the HO they can apply for a Family Permit, not a visitor's visa (even if they don't intend to stay for long): https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/tourism/yes/no

Since you have Settled Status, you need to apply for the Eu Scheme Settled Status FP, not the old EEA FP.
Thank you very much for your message.
Do you think if I apply for family permit for my parents, it will be alright with the application number? Do we need to show evidence of dependency in that case ?

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Thu May 23, 2019 8:39 am

pranab0077 wrote:
Hi there
I'm an EU national and have got settled status.
But, I haven't been given any Settled status card or stamp on my EU Passport.
If/when you have received the confirmation email, you'll have been given a link to this site:
https://view-and-prove-your-rights.home ... ment/start

From there, you can show your entitlement and even email whoever asks you for evidence, sending them an auto-generated code to view your Settled Status.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 am

pranab0077 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:34 pm
kamoe wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:52 pm
pranab0077 wrote:

Thank you very much for your message.
Do you think if I apply for family permit for my parents, it will be alright with the application number? Do we need to show evidence of dependency in that case ?

Evidence of dependency

Evidence of this dependency can include:
• bank statements
• money transfers

Evidence of membership of household

Evidence of this may include:
• joint tenancy agreements
• letter from the local authority
• utility bills
• joint bank or building society statements
• official correspondence addressed to them at the household
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 am

pranab0077 wrote:
No.

Even if the eligibility criteria uses the word "dependent" for parents, you do not need to prove any dependency, for parents, this is assumed (p. 16, Dependent parents): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf
Dependent parent
You must be satisfied, including by the required evidence of family relationship, that
the applicant is the direct relative in the ascending line of the relevant EEA citizen or
of their spouse or civil partner (see family members of a relevant EEA citizen). This
includes a grandparent or great-grandparent. Their dependency on the relevant EEA
citizen or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed, and the applicant is not required
to provide evidence of this.
You only need to prove dependency for children over 21: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
Documents you must provide
You must provide:
  • a valid passport
  • evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member, for example a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or birth certificate
    proof of your dependency if you’re a dependent child or grandchild of your EEA family member and you’re over 21
  • your EEA family member’s EU Settlement Scheme application number
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

pranab0077

Post by pranab0077 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Thank you . I also came to knew through the Appendix EU Family Permit- just wondering if previous visit visa refusal would affect on the family permit.My parents did apply for a visit visa but were refused.
kamoe wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 am
pranab0077 wrote:
No.

Even if the eligibility criteria uses the word "dependent" for parents, you do not need to prove any dependency, for parents, this is assumed (p. 16, Dependent parents): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf
Dependent parent
You must be satisfied, including by the required evidence of family relationship, that
the applicant is the direct relative in the ascending line of the relevant EEA citizen or
of their spouse or civil partner (see family members of a relevant EEA citizen). This
includes a grandparent or great-grandparent. Their dependency on the relevant EEA
citizen or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed, and the applicant is not required
to provide evidence of this.
You only need to prove dependency for children over 21: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
Documents you must provide
You must provide:
  • a valid passport
  • evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member, for example a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or birth certificate
    proof of your dependency if you’re a dependent child or grandchild of your EEA family member and you’re over 21
  • your EEA family member’s EU Settlement Scheme application number

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu May 23, 2019 4:45 pm

pranab0077 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Thank you . I also came to knew through the Appendix EU Family Permit- just wondering if previous visit visa refusal would affect on the family permit.My parents did apply for a visit visa but were refused.
There's only one way to know.
FP is free, so nothing to lose there.