ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit holder: when to apply for Residence card?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mbm
Newly Registered
South Africa

EEA permit holder: when to apply for Residence card?

Post by mbm » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi All,

I am currently waiting the DMC to give me an appointment to bring my passport to get the EEA permit stamp.

My questions is; How long should I wait to apply for a residence card after arriving to the UK? because the EEA permit is only valid for 6 months.

How long does it take to get the residence card?

Thanks,

mbm

kamoe

Re: EEA permit holder: when to apply for Residence card?

Post by kamoe » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:29 pm

mbm wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:59 pm
My questions is; How long should I wait to apply for a residence card after arriving to the UK?
The general advise is to apply as soon as possible. A reasonable rule of thumb is, apply as soon as you have collected reasonable paperwork of your residence in the UK, in line with the supporting evidence that applies to your case (2-3 months's worth of bills, tenancy/mortgage statements, payslips etc.).
because the EEA permit is only valid for 6 months.
This does not mean you need to wait for it to expire before you apply. That is a common misconception, and a painful mistake many people make.
How long does it take to get the residence card?
About a month.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

NoWomanNoCry123
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by NoWomanNoCry123 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:05 pm

@ kamoe
do you know if we can apply using the EEA (FM) form? Or should we have to call the HO and they ask questions, and send out a paper version?

Thanks.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:24 pm

NoWomanNoCry123 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:05 pm
@ kamoe
do you know if we can apply using the EEA (FM) form? Or should we have to call the HO and they ask questions, and send out a paper version?

Thanks.
Please ask your question in your own topic. From your recent post I can see your situation is quite complex, and will be completely out of context in another user's post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.