ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route - Pre-settled status application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NoWomanNoCry123
Newly Registered
Wales

Surinder Singh route - Pre-settled status application

Post by NoWomanNoCry123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Hello all,
I have the following questions about the SS route Pre-settled status application process and timescales (the one that applies only for the Brits that are EU nationals). Please if someone knows the answers or has been or going through the process right now, your help and advise is graciously accepted.

1. It seems that the form is customized for each applicant. Can anyone explain what the "common" questions that everyone gets asked in the form, and what are the "specific" kind of questions? Even a hint or two of what questions get asked would be welcome. Specifically, I want to know if:
a) documents to support residence in past years in the EU country - "family life strengthened" etc is asked?
b) questions about the reasons why I chose to return to the UK after living in the EU country?
c) questions about supporting evidence for b) above.
d) how long from the date you ring the HO number for the paper application form, do you actually receive the form in the post? Does it greatly matter on the time of the year, or more about the complexity of your application? Or neither?
e) anything else I have missed out above.

2. What is the processing time of this application, once application form is submitted?

3. Do you have to have "settled status" in the UK in order to qualifty for pre-settlement application? I.e. do I need to work (if still below my three months residency in the UK)?

4. Do they ask you to show papers eg. council tax, or bills etc as evidence that I and my dependent are now living here in the UK?

5.Finally, do they ask you or your dependent to go to an interview?

Much appreciated for any help or advise.

Thanks all!!

NoWomanNoCry123
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Surinder Singh route - Pre-settled status application

Post by NoWomanNoCry123 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi,
Can anyone update on this? Can we use the paper form EEA (FM) instead?

Thanks.