ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano - adult Britishcitizen dies

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naija99
Member of Standing

Zambrano - adult Britishcitizen dies

Post by naija99 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 am

Can anyone tell me what happens to the primary carer who holds a Derivative Residence Card for caring for an adult British citizen but the British citizen has died.

Is there any avenue for the primary carer to apply for pre settled status or anything else?

naija99
Member of Standing

Re: Zambrano - adult Britishcitizen dies

Post by naija99 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Can anyone advise?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:17 pm

See conditions in the link below on Zambrano guidance page 42

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... h-v1.0.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks for the reply Casa but the link doesnt seem to work. Please could you kindly repost?

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:57 pm

I've managed to locate the link Casa thanks but does it apply to the adult British citizen because it only makes reference to the 'relevant EEA citizen' that has died.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Are you sure that the carer is a Zambrano Derivative Residence Card or is s/he a Surinder Singh card holder? How long has s/he lived in the UK as a carer? How old is she?
naija99 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:57 pm
I've managed to locate the link Casa thanks but does it apply to the adult British citizen because it only makes reference to the 'relevant EEA citizen' that has died.
I doubt that there is any such provision. Remember that Zambrano does not lead to PR under the EEA Regulations anyway.

Although Zambrano holders can now apply for ILR under the Settlement Scheme if they reside in the UK for five years, their rights are not analogous to carers of EEA citizens.

It may be better to refer directly to Appendix EU of the UK Immigration Rules and go through the requirements listed there.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.