ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Did you submit your old brc card?
pls give details

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Rose2019 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:49 pm
pls give details
Hi Ross
Sorry I haven't any idea about in your case because I didn't follow your post before.
In my case actually my wife got first pre settled status and I did challenge their decision and then they accept my request and sent her updated settled status but not new BRC. Then again we have made some convencing correspondence and then they gave me site to apply on that.now after almost 7 weeks waiting got their email and approved my request for updated BRC mean exchange of settled status but they didn't ask me send the old one neither before nor now.
I hope this information will help you.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:23 pm

[mod=Leo_one][offtopic][hidden][spoil][/spoil][/hidden][/offtopic][/mod]
Leo_one wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm
Rose2019 wrote:
pls give details
Hi Ross
Sorry I haven't any idea about in your case because I didn't follow your post before.
In my case actually my wife got first pre settled status and I did challenge their decision and then they accept my request and sent her updated settled status but not new BRC. Then again we have made some convencing correspondence and then they gave me site to apply on that.now after almost 7 weeks waiting got their email and approved my request for updated BRC mean exchange of settled status but they didn't ask me send the old one neither before nor now.
Hi I have received today letter from home office and advise me to send back old BRC with copy of this letter.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Attachment deleted as you have not redacted personal identifiable information, ie BRC card number which is unique to you.
Leo_one wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am
ar22 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 am
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 pm
ar22 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm
yea that's' what I thought that you wrote Oct mistakenly, so, according
to their timeline of 8 weeks, you should hear something back from them by the end of next week.

Fingers cross and good luck, please let us know when you get the response.
Update about replacing BRC
Hi today I have got the replied of my email and thanks God I have told my application have been successful and change of status BRC is on the way.
Congratulation mate and thanks for sharing the info, I guess it worked out 7.5 weeks since the bio date, I do have the same question, did they asked you to sent the old one back once you get the new card in the email they sent you?

Please let us know when if you get any instructions about it.

Rose2019, currently it seems like its taking 8 weeks since the bio appointment to get the application process so I guess you should be ok when you apply for it in JAN.

I am waiting for mine, will share any update.
[/quote

No they didn't say anything else then card will be arrived in 5 to 10 working days. May be any letter will come with card for further instruction. If I got any further instruction will let you know. Take care

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:23 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Rose2019 wrote:
pls give details
Hi Ross
Hi I have received today letter from home office and advise me to send back old BRC with copy of this letter.
Thank you for sharing the update, I can't see the attached letter as its got deleted, Did you received your new BRC along with letter ?

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:36 pm

hi

Did they send you your new BRC card first before asking you to send the old BRC card?

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:02 pm

ar22 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:23 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Rose2019 wrote:
pls give details
Hi Ross
Thank you for sharing the update, I can't see the attached letter as its got deleted, Did you received your new BRC along with letter ?
Hi not yet they mentioned in letter it will be dispatch separate and will receive in 10 days date of this letter.
I have uploaded the photoshoot of letter but because of policy admin delete it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Hi not yet they mentioned in letter it will be dispatch separate and will receive in 10 days date of this letter.
Because you did NOT redact personal identifiable information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Because you did NOT redact personal identifiable information.
Hi CR001
Sorry I agreed it was my mistake though I have try to upload the one paragraph but didn't notice BRC number was mentioned.
I have raised the one question in other topic but you didn't feed any information about non EU son having settled status through EU national father can get marriage in Pakistan and bring his wife at his own. Please give me some information on it. Thanks

nizaralipiaraly
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nizaralipiaraly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi

Can I please have email id of the department dealing with brc upgrade application.

Thanks

nizaralipiaraly
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nizaralipiaraly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:29 pm

I have done my online application and Biometric done at UKVCAS, to upgrade my BRC Card issued from EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme (Got Settled Status).

How long does it take to issue a new BRC Card?

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 pm

nizaralipiaraly wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:29 pm
I have done my online application and Biometric done at UKVCAS, to upgrade my BRC Card issued from EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme (Got Settled Status).

Hi
Within 8 weeks.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 pm
nizaralipiaraly wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi
Within 8 weeks.
You can write your concern on following email address
APAD@homeoffice.gov.uk

nizaralipiaraly
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nizaralipiaraly » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks... Appreciated . will keep posted

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to share an update.

I receive my updated BRC on Saturday however strangely I haven't receive any approval confirmation email yet nor receive any other letter from home office, for me it took around 7 weeks all together since I submitted my online application.

BRC comes with standard BRC letter and had no instruction to send the old one back.

Looking forward to receive some letter from home office with some instruction to post back my old BRC.

will share any the update.

thank you all for sharing very useful information.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:13 pm

ar22 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to share an update.

I receive my updated BRC on Saturday however strangely I haven't receive any approval confirmation email yet nor receive any other letter from home office, for me it took around 7 weeks all together since I submitted my online application.

BRC comes with standard BRC letter and had no instruction to send the old one back.

Looking forward to receive some letter from home office with some instruction to post back my old BRC.

will share any the update.

thank you all for sharing very useful information.
Is the date on your card different than the date on your online status?
Did you check your online status is it the same old date or they updated it?
Is it the same old photo still on your online status or they changed it with the biometric photo you have done?
Thanks

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 am

Hi

When checking the online status there is no date mentioned, on the card date of issue is the current date, I don't think it would make any difference on what date card is issued as the date I was granted settled status it will remain same which was 2 months back, BRC is only a confirmation of digital status I have been granted.

Still haven't got any email or any other letter from home office in regards to send back my old BRC or about the confirmation email about my application.

I'll wait few days more then will email them asking about it.

nizaralipiaraly
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nizaralipiaraly » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:48 am

Thanks for update

Is BRC is delivered by Royal Mail or Courier?

Thanks

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 pm

hi
is it delivered by courier like DX
pls let us know what specific courier

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:18 pm

Rose2019 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 pm
hi
is it delivered by courier like DX
pls let us know what specific courier
Hi
BRC send by DX and they never left any information if you missed. Then you will receive a letter from them and advise you to book the date of delivery again.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:30 pm

ar22 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 am
Hi

When checking the online status there is no date mentioned, on the card date of issue is the current date, I don't think it would make any difference on what date card is issued as the date I was granted settled status it will remain same which was 2 months back, BRC is only a confirmation of digital status I have been granted.

Still haven't got any email or any other letter from home office in regards to send back my old BRC or about the confirmation email about my application.

I'll wait few days more then will email them asking about it.
Hi I'm surprised they didn't send you letter whereas I have received letter before the BRC received. I have sent them the old card. I have the same concern the new card issued with present date and status was given four months before. Obviously it will be effected at the time of nationality.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Ross, i have been following This post and trying yo keep up with updates but seriously what has got what curiour delivered the BRC has got to do with the post ? Let's keep it short so we give space to the guys who applied to update us with as many important info as we require
I'm waiting for more replies but now Someone has to answer your question which would make this post needlessly long!!
It has been sent by aliens
Doesn't it matter not

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:30 pm

ar22 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 am
When checking the online status there is no date mentioned, on the card date of issue is the current date, I don't think it would make any difference on what date card is issued as the date I was granted settled status it will remain same which was 2 months back
If there is no date mentioned when checking your online status, then how do you know/prove the date you were granted settled status has not changed?

It makes all the difference as it might determine when you can actually apply for British citizenship. If the actual date when you acquired Settled Status is not printed in the new physical card, and instead the only available date you can show is the date the card was issued, this could lead to you having to wait longer for British citizenship.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Guys I have an assumption because we have two people successfully applied one was asked to send old BRC and one wasn't asked to do so

May be both of you have different BRC

My guess is Leo had the new PRE settled stauts card hence why have to send it back while AR22 has the old EU BRC therefore you don't have to send it back?

Trying to understand the logic

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 am

Hi

So still haven't received any letter from home office or any email in regards to send back my old BRC, tbh I don't think it has anything to do with type of BRC, eventually I'll have to send my old card back, my old card BRC was a type of "Family member of EU national".

When I applied for a settled/pre-settled status application and was granted a settled status back in Septembers, I received an email from home office confirming that my application is concluded and out come of application is attached with email (A PDF file) letter, in which they confirm I have been granted settled status and ………... and in that letter it also said the following

"Your status takes effect from the date of this letter, which can be found above."

on top of that letter, there was the date, so, like I said earlier, in my opinion changing of BRC does not effect the date of settled status granted, BRC is just a physical document confirming my status, if I lost the card now and apply for a new one, new card will have a new date on it, it doesn't mean that the new date will be my starting point of a cycle to one year before I can apply for a BC.

In regards to the company who deliver the card, I am not sure wasn't at home, my Mrs received the card, she had to sign for it and she said it was a white van, she didn't see any company logo on it but yep it wasn't with royal mail or any normal post.

I hope it help.