ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

soyerlife

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by soyerlife » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:14 pm

So untill we receive our replacment card , we cannot travel as from Thursday?
Does home office rank priority depending on who submit first or the current card expiry date
?

Thank you

fa86
Newly Registered
India

Post by fa86 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:38 pm

Dear All,

Trust everyone is well & safe.

I have settled status since august 2020

My EU BRP has expired & I have applied in April 21 for replacement BRP under Euss-decision pending.

I have a question I urgently need to travel to Belfast for family reasons. I still have my passport & my digital status to prove my ILR/settled status.

If I travel to Northern Ireland will this have an impact on current application for replacement of BRP?
Kindly advise

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:59 pm

fa86 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:38 pm
If I travel to Northern Ireland will this have an impact on current application for replacement of BRP?
Unless they check your UK right to reside when you board a UK-bound a plane in NI, not at all. (That does happen abroad when you try to board a UK-bound flight, but I don't see why that would happen in NI, since it's a domestic flight?)
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:02 pm

soyerlife wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:14 pm
So untill we receive our replacment card , we cannot travel as from Thursday?
You can travel until the printed expiration date on your card. So if your card has expired, you can't travel. If it hasn't, you can.
Does home office rank priority depending on who submit first or the current card expiry date
It appears to be a combination of both; with recent timelines suggesting it is mostly based on the date you supplied biometrics (add 10-12 weeks after that).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

fa86
Newly Registered
India

Post by fa86 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:06 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:59 pm
fa86 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:38 pm
Unless they check your UK right to reside when you board a UK-bound a plane in NI, not at all. (That does happen abroad when you try to board a UK-bound flight, but I don't see why that would happen in NI, since it's a domestic flight?)
Thank you for reverting so promptly 🙏🏻
I normally take the ferry to Belfast only once have I been asked for ID(no immigration check)There are no hard borders. My question as Northern Ireland is part of UK & common travel area I should be okay with my digital status? Because technically I haven’t left the UK 🇬🇧

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:10 pm

fa86 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:06 pm
My question as Northern Ireland is part of UK & common travel area I should be okay with my digital status? Because technically I haven’t left the UK 🇬🇧
I would think so, yes. The issue is with immigration from abroad.

sonuparis4
Newly Registered

Post by sonuparis4 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:32 am

Yesterday I got email that they send me biometric card from APAD.plss anyone tell me which courier they use .Royal Mail,TNT,or others.

fa86
Newly Registered
India

Post by fa86 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:48 am

Congratulations 🥳

Can you pls share your timeline with card expiry.

Thank you.

kerra1989
Newly Registered

Post by kerra1989 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:24 pm

Hi,all. Thanks for sharing your situation. Bellow is my husband timeslot . His BRC expired yesterday 30/06/2021
granted pre-settled status - 23/03/2021
apllied for BRC under EU Settlement scheme - 24/03/2021
Submitted fingerprints - 21/04/2021
Confirmation email - still waiting
Card delivery - still waiting
He talked twice with UKVI and once with Settlement department, both useless. After second conversation with UKVI ,the agent said to him to email home office to their complaints email. He did it yesterday. And today he emailed ADAP.
We just pray they will deliver the card till end of this month, because we must travel abroad :cry:
Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:45 pm

sonuparis4 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:32 am
Yesterday I got email that they send me biometric card from APAD.plss anyone tell me which courier they use .Royal Mail,TNT,or others.
They sent mine via TNT. I asked them for my tracking number by emailing them here APAD@homeoffice.gov.uk but by the time I got a reply, card had been delivered!

You can call TNT direct as well for tracking. They were more than happy to help me.

sonuparis4
Newly Registered

Post by sonuparis4 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:22 am

Yesterday i received new biometric card .it's different from last one . They look different in colour and thet not have Sim chipwhich is looking like old card . But its nice

TinaDimi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by TinaDimi » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:51 am

Hello everybody. I URGRNTLY need a help. I was researching here in the forum but did not found the right answer.
So, I have pre-settlet (expire date 2024) and EEA BRC (expire date 2023). I have applied for exchange EEA BRC to EUSS BRC. 10 weeks passed, still nothing.
There is a situation that I have to travel in EU on 06.07 and come back 13.07.
THE QUESTION is: Am I allowed to travel with my old card? Is it still available? Does this travel affect on my current application? What if I receive the confirmation letter while I am out this week?
PLEASE, PLEASE.. somebody to HELP!! ☺️☺️☺️
Thank you.

Frimpong05
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Frimpong05 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:18 pm

They will cancel the old card, so be careful

Frimpong05
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Frimpong05 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:29 pm

TinaDimi@ you can travel with the old card but bear in mind once you receive confirmation email then the old card is cancel. Be careful.

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:23 pm

TinaDimi wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:51 am
Hello everybody. I URGRNTLY need a help. I was researching here in the forum but did not found the right answer.
So, I have pre-settlet (expire date 2024) and EEA BRC (expire date 2023). I have applied for exchange EEA BRC to EUSS BRC. 10 weeks passed, still nothing.
There is a situation that I have to travel in EU on 06.07 and come back 13.07.
THE QUESTION is: Am I allowed to travel with my old card? Is it still available? Does this travel affect on my current application? What if I receive the confirmation letter while I am out this week?
PLEASE, PLEASE.. somebody to HELP!! ☺️☺️☺️
Thank you.
Hi
check this link
https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card
or call to eu resolution centre 0300 123 7379
what i understand our cards still valid until it expire if we have a settle or pre-settle status.
But u can still double check before travel.

bastiB
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by bastiB » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 am

Hi guys,

while we're waiting for the replacement BRC (switch from EEA to EUSS) of my wife (brazil) we have to fly to Germany for some family business.

when flying back from germany to the UK, since she has pre-settled status already i guess the immigration control coming back to the UK on the UK side will not be a problem since the border control have access to the online data for her pre-settled status.

On the departure side though usually the check in desk checks the visa status (or immigration status) which obviously works better with the BRC and which is probably why everyone applies for one, correct?

in theory though her nationality qualifies for visa on arrival in the UK so the german check in desk shouldn't stop her, correct?

one other thing that puzzles me, from July on now EU and non-EU with pre-settled and settled status should be treated the same or not? that means me as a German should have to go through the same checks like she does as a brazilian. why then does only she have to have a BRC? just to make things easier when returning to the UK?

the home office itself mentions on their website we don't have to have a BRC anymore after the current one expires.

thanks in advance and sorry if that was a silly question!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:21 am

Just hit the 12 week's mark after biometrics yesterday, and haven't heard back regarding my new EUSS card.

I strongly reckon this is because my old EEA RC card expires in 2023 (I applied only because at the time it hadn't been announced that EEA RCs would continue to be valid after June 30th. Oh well). Nonetheless, some status update would be nice.

I'll wait until next week, when the 3 months' mark will be reached, and then I'll start complaining. Anyone else with similar timeline and with card not yet/not soon expiring?

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:06 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:21 am
Anyone else with similar timeline
It's 10 weeks for me. And I even already applied for naturalisation (with BRC), would be funny if I receive British citizenship before my new BRP is issued.

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:27 pm

kamoe wrote:
Just hit the 12 week's mark after biometrics yesterday, and haven't heard back regarding my new EUSS card.

I strongly reckon this is because my old EEA RC card expires in 2023 (I applied only because at the time it hadn't been announced that EEA RCs would continue to be valid after June 30th. Oh well). Nonetheless, some status update would be nice.

I'll wait until next week, when the 3 months' mark
will be reached, and then I'll start complaining. Anyone else with similar timeline and with card not yet/not soon expiring?
Same here 12 weeks yesterday, and old card expire 2028.
You said RC still valid after 30june ? Means I can travel now ?

shamas4228
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by shamas4228 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:47 am

Hello Kamoe, hello soyerlife

I have SS but BRC Pre settle status one. Expire in 2025. Should i apply for updated SS BRC?
My plan is to apply for Citizenship after 12 months of SS so you think is worth to change card now?

You still have validity on your BRC cards but you applied for upgrade and waiting decision.

Touch wood, What if you have to travel abroad for something very important and HO email you we have issued you new card and your old is cancel when you abroad. As they do

What can be in this situation? Or we allowed to travel back on same card?
From home country of course they will let us board but in uk at boarder can not be issue?
Anyone been thought Plz share your thoughts that can really help me and some other friends. Thank You

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:49 am

soyerlife wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:27 pm
You said RC still valid after 30june ?
EEA RCs are valid until whatever expiration date is printed on them.

Initially the Home Office had announced EEA RCs would all expire on 30th June 2021, but after receiving a swarm of applications and realising they couldn't cope, they decided this was unreasonable and changed their minds to say EEA RCs cards won't expire on June 30th, but on their original expiration date.
Means I can travel now ?
Well... I don't know.

Apparently EEA RCs become invalid when a replacement card is issued, so this might be an issue if you applied to a new card, then travelled and have your new card issued while you are abroad.

But... we have established that the electronic status does NOT get transferred automatically to the new card, you need to request this when you receive the new card, so on its face, even if your old EEA RC becomes "invalid", whatever that means, it is still attached to a valid electronic status if you have not explicitly requested that it gets transferred to the new card.

From a purely personal point of view, and I stress this is really my own opinion and not a guarantee that this is how it works, I think any potential issue traveling with "invalid" EEA RCs might only mean a few questions at the border, if at all, but nothing more, since you can show a valid EEA RC with an expiration date in the future that you an show when boarding the plane abroad (they have no way to tell it's "invalid"), and which is still linked to a valid electronic status that you can show at the UK border when you arrive (the electronic status is valid, so they can't really deny you entry).

I would be curious to know if anyone here has already tried this.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:56 am

shamas4228 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:47 am
I have SS but BRC Pre settle status one. Expire in 2025. Should i apply for updated SS BRC?
My plan is to apply for Citizenship after 12 months of SS so you think is worth to change card now?
Unless you want a card that specifically says you have Settled Status (which can be a valid reason), then I don't see any advantage on replacing your card. You can travel in and out and show your right to work with your current card.
You still have validity on your BRC cards but you applied for upgrade and waiting decision.
Waiting the issuing of the card, not a decision; there is nothing for them to decide.
Touch wood, What if you have to travel abroad for something very important and HO email you we have issued you new card and your old is cancel when you abroad. As they do

What can be in this situation? Or we allowed to travel back on same card?
From home country of course they will let us board but in uk at boarder can not be issue?
See my post above.

kerra1989
Newly Registered

Post by kerra1989 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:20 pm

kamoe wrote:

I'll wait until next week, when the 3 months' mark will be reached, and then I'll start complaining. Anyone else with similar timeline and with card not yet/not soon expiring?
Same here. Hit 12 weeks today , still nothing. BRC already expired on 30/06/2021. We are stucked in Uk and cant travel anywhere abroad. Thats so stressful! Home office don't care at all

Ololo bo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Ololo bo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:48 am

Hello everyone,
I just want to share my experience here so far. I have the pre settled status and my BRP under the old status expired on 30th of June 2020. I applied for a BRP replacement on 29th of April but it is not likely to arrive before going on my holiday abroad. So I made a few calls to my Solicitor, the Home office UKVI, the EU resolution centre and the airline I booked the returning flight with( Ryanair). Both my Solicitor and the UKVI told me that I will be able to re-enter the UK with the digital status and the solicitor told me to also print out the decision letter. the agents from the EU resolution centre weren't really helpful but they told me to fill out an online form saying I didn't rceive the BRP and yesterday my solicitor received a reply from that which I attach the screenshot below. Apparently the time it takes to get new BRP has nothing to do with the application date but depends on the expiration date of the old treaty card. And finally, I called Ryanair and after an hour of waiting it was answered and they said I will be able to use the digital status to board the UK bound flight. After spending hours calling ( average waiting time for UKVI and EU resolution centre is 30 mins) as well as money for consulting solicitor I suppose I now finally have some assurances.
Image Image

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Ololo bo wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:48 am
Both my Solicitor and the UKVI told me that I will be able to re-enter the UK with the digital status and the solicitor told me to also print out the decision letter. (...) And finally, I called Ryanair and after an hour of waiting it was answered and they said I will be able to use the digital status to board the UK bound flight. After spending hours calling ( average waiting time for UKVI and EU resolution centre is 30 mins) as well as money for consulting solicitor I suppose I now finally have some assurances.
I don't know what to say, only that this does not seem to fit with what other members have reported here. See this post. And this post. And this one. All cases of people stuck abroad because they attempted to come back on electronic status only.

I understand there is a big chance of not being allowed to board a UK-bound plane from abroad if you do not show a physical document. Electronic status only is not accepted, not is any form of email printout you attempt to supply.

I do wish what Ryanair told you is going to be honoured... but I would not bank on it. It took you hours on the phone to get an answer? How long do you think it is going to take at the airport? Ryanair being Ryanair chances are the person you spoke with on the phone will never speak to the person who will be making the decision to allow you in the plane. A least not as quickly as you need them to when you are about to board the plane.

Be careful.