ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to cancel my sister's EEA residence permit if sheno longer live with us

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

peachyramos
Newly Registered

how to cancel my sister's EEA residence permit if sheno longer live with us

Post by peachyramos » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:56 am

I want to know how I can request cancellation of my sister's residence permit. Me and my partner are her sponsors ,she got a residence card here because she was living with us and she is my sister. The reason why me and my partner want to cancel it is because she no longer live with us and we don't communicate with her anymore. Do I need to write to the Home Office ? Does anyone here know the process? Please reply. Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: how to cancel my sister's EEA residence permit if sheno longer live with us

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 am

I don't if you can cancel it, but she can't apply for settlement scheme and the EEA permit will be no longer valid on December 2020 even if its validity date is beyond.

You can write to the Home Office but that's the only thing you can do.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:13 pm

The onus is on your sister to tell them if she so wishes that she no longer resides with you. It is not your obligation to do so.

I kind of think maybe you should let her be and not use immigration as a weapon against her.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Kmoney1

Post by Kmoney1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks to that godly answer obie
We are in a world where people uses our immigration status as a weapon against each other instead of settling grudges outside it,no matter what no one's was born with one.
Rethink dear woman in question is blood sister as u advice.too late with the scenario of settle status scheme all right becoming more individual basis now not like the old eea which makes lifes diff...peace

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Kmoney1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:27 pm
" too late with the scenario of settle status scheme all right becoming more individual basis now not like the old eea which makes lifes diff...peace "
Don't agree with you . You probably don't know

"A person who is applying as the dependent of an u EEA citizen is required to prove their dependency in order to be granted status " a family member may cease to be a family member during the pre-settled status if they are no longer dependent on the EU NATIONAL.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2019
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Kmoney1 wrote:
Thanks to that godly answer obie
We are in a world where people uses our immigration status as a weapon against each other instead of settling grudges outside it,no matter what no one's was born with one.
Rethink dear woman in question is blood sister as u advice.too late with the scenario of settle status scheme all right becoming more individual basis now not like the old eea which makes lifes diff...peace
Yes and no.

Here is a case from my own network.

A is an an EEA citizen living in the UK.

B is an extended family member of A.

B gets close to A and obtain money and support. B asks A to assist with immigration. A needs someone in his household to improve his family life.

A helps B with EEA process. HO declines. Under pressure from B, A goes to solicitors, spend a lot of money in procedure, then eventually B obtain his EEA card.

Next week, B takes is stuff and disappear after leaving in a short note on the table. A needs now to pay the debts incurred by the legal process.

There are plenty of stories like that. People with EEA citizenship abused by their extended family in order to facilitate immigration then left upset and alone feeling manipulated.

If someone wants to immigrate, he has to do it cleanly. No need to abuse people. There plenty of countries in the world, including UK, with a point system and a motivated person can works towards eligibility on these systems.

Also this form of abuse makes it harder for genuine people to obtain the privilege of EEA routes. People find them increasingly difficult. As time passes, more and more reasons for refusal are brought forward by the Home Office in response to abusers. That's why I have zero sympathy for them.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:01 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:49 pm
Kmoney1 wrote:
" too late with the scenario of settle status scheme all right becoming more individual basis now not like the old eea which makes lifes diff...peace "

"A person who is applying as the dependent of an u EEA citizen is required to prove their dependency in order to be granted status " a family member may cease to be a family member during the pre-settled status if they are no longer dependent on the EU NATIONAL.

I think it has always been like that but the last update clarified it. The pre-settlement scheme doesn't give more rights than the initial EEA status. If a condition makes the person lose its EEA status, it will make the same person lose the pre-settled status.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:04 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Kmoney1 wrote:

That is incorrect. Totally disagree.

Under the settlement scheme dependency is presumed and there is no need to prove it down the line, provided of course the extended family member held the relevant documents.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:01 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Kmoney1 wrote:

I think it has always been like that but the last update clarified it. The pre-settlement scheme doesn't give more rights than the initial EEA status. If a condition makes the person lose its EEA status, it will make the same person lose the pre-settled status.
Well we are not dealing with one of these abuse cases you envisage here.

Suffice to say, OP does not have an obligation to report.

Speaking for myself, I can not envisage a circumstance where I will report a sibling because they ceased from residing with me or we have a disagreement.

But that is just we. I have always been termed as a weird person, and will take no offense if you held such views.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:06 am

Obie wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:04 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Kmoney1 wrote:

That is incorrect. Totally disagree.

Under the settlement scheme dependency is presumed and there is no need to prove it down the line, provided of course the extended family member held the relevant documents.
It says in the end "You must also provide evidence that your relationship with the EU citizen (or, where relevant, their spouse or civil partner) continues to exist (or did so for the period of residence relied upon) "
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 03.03.11.png
Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 03.03.11.png (209.05 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am

You are correct. It appears that dependency is not presumed for Extended family member as opposed to dependant parents.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:32 am

Obie wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am
You are correct. It appears that dependency is not presumed for Extended family member as opposed to dependant parents.
I would never use the immigration against anyone. It's the nuclear option. But I have a lot of hostility against abusers / fraudsters because they make everyone's life increasingly difficult when it comes to immigration maters.

However, immigration is frequently used against people. A friend of mine used to work illegally in London and that fact became known to some people from her home country who lived in London too. She used to pay them £200 a month to keep silent about her. Then, one day she stopped paying and they immediately reported her to the immigration and her employer. She allowed me to listen to the voice messages they left on her phone. Imagine a guy like a devil screaming for 2 minutes then calling again 30 seconds later to leave another threatening message.

People do crazy stuff these days.

For the Extended Family Member of EEA national card, there is a trap. The card comes with the right to work. So many people start working. They can even move to their own accommodation... And when the card expires : happy days! They don't qualify to anything as the dependency has to be proved in order to renew, extend, settle/pre-settle or apply for permanent residence.

Like for the OP, the sister has an EEA card and she left her sponsor. Her card will give her some time but it's going slowly to an end. She needs to find a route on her own at one point.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:07 am

Obie wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am
I have felt the need to qualify this post.

The position is this. When an extended family member applies the first time, the dependency is not presumed, unlike in the case of dependent family members in the ascending or descending line.

However if an extended family member is granted a pre-settled status and after a period seeks to apply for settled status, they are not required to show dependency.

paragraph EU4 precludes such requirement being imposed on them.