ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regulation 8(2) - some doubts to clear and keep my mind at ease.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Spelling mistake in my partner's name on the joint bank letter reference

Post by amaherchandani » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi guys

I wanted to ask something about the joint bank letter. It seems that the person who was making our application at the bank for joint bank made a mistake in writing my partner's name correctly (there is 1 character missing ). I'm little worried if home office will refuse my application based on that or do the verification check with my bank. Any advice will be helpful.

kamoe

Re: Spelling mistake in my partner's name on the joint bank letter reference

Post by kamoe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Just get it corrected.

Not sure how much of a big deal this is for the Home Office, but even if this gets accepted, it will likely delay your application due to the need to clarify/ get further checks done. Why not just have the documentation right form the start?!?!?

Besides, you might need this paperwork further down the line, and you do not want this to be an issue every time you present documentation with an error on one of your names. Just get it corrected to be exactly right from the start. It really is a no brainer.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:11 pm

I made an in time application in September and I had no time because I just noticed when I was submitting an application. Do you think I should get it corrected asap and send them as a separate document now? Will that help?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 pm

amaherchandani wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:11 pm
I made an in time application in September and I had no time because I just noticed when I was submitting an application. Do you think I should get it corrected asap and send them as a separate document now? Will that help?
I'm thinking that everything that you send separately and without their request will just be lost. But will be happy to hear some other - more informed - opinions. I've got my husband's ID card today, so was also wondering is it worth sending it.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:34 pm

amaherchandani wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:03 pm
Hi guys

I wanted to ask something about the joint bank letter. It seems that the person who was making our application at the bank for joint bank made a mistake in writing my partner's name correctly (there is 1 character missing ). I'm little worried if home office will refuse my application based on that or do the verification check with my bank. Any advice will be helpful.
Is the bank in the UK? Did you submit the original?

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:35 am

Yes it is HSBC and it's the original letter from the bank.

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:38 am

iwolga wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 pm
amaherchandani wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:11 pm
I'm thinking that everything that you send separately and without their request will just be lost. But will be happy to hear some other - more informed - opinions. I've got my husband's ID card today, so was also wondering is it worth sending it.
Well,it will be good for you to get COA with work so you can send it but yeah make sure if you send it - send it through the special delivery. It will be all tracked with the name. I'll probably get my MP involved soon.

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Regulation 8(2) - some doubts to clear and keep my mind at ease.

Post by amaherchandani » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi guys ,I have one doubt which I would like to clear as I'm not understanding that under what circumstances I have applied my EEA Application. I'm Indian national (F) unmarried to German national (M)

The four points under the regulations 8(2) means that the individual has to qualify with one of the points or all four of them?

"For regulation 8(2) the person must be:
• the relative of the EEA national
• residing in a country other than the UK
• dependent upon the EEA national or a member of their household
• accompanying or joining the EEA national in the UK, or has joined the EEA national in the UK and continues to be dependent upon them or a member of their household"

I have applied as a unmarried partner and I have given my bank statements as the proof that my partner supported my financially for some time like he paid for my university (As a international student I have to pay before I start uni - he transferred the amount and I paid from my account). Also we had some other transactions but not with the larger amount.

Does this qualify that I'm depended on him?

I have paid for myself all the times like living expenses except the university transaction.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Regulation 8(2) - some doubts to clear and keep my mind at ease.

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Unmarried partners falls under regulation 8(5).

Regulations 8(2) has no application to your case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors