ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cyprus Yellow Slip. Entered UK. What's next?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daymohktim
Newly Registered
Russia

Cyprus Yellow Slip. Entered UK. What's next?

Post by Daymohktim » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:49 am

Hi all!

I am british citizen, my wife is Non-EU.

We lived in Cyprus for 6 month, and after receiving residence cards (yellow slips) we travelled to UK.

Our 2 children are both British (one of them born in Cyprus).

I worked in Cyprus for at least 3 months.
Due to serious health issues, we had to travel to UK.

My wife's passport was stamped in UK airport and it says: admitted to UK under eu rules.

I am back to work in UK.

So, what's next?
How long can my wife live in UK with us?
What is my wife's immigration status?

Thank you!

Kixxx505
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Cyprus Yellow Slip. Entered UK. What's next?

Post by Kixxx505 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:26 am

Hi ,

You should apply for EEA2 using Surinder Singh route.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi

Me and my British husband used to live in Cyprus (we both grew up there), met there and got married. We came to England in 2013, after we arrived, I applied for EEA2 residence card but because of brexit, you can now apply for EU settlement scheme (you need to request a paper application for this).

Any questions, pls feel free to ask xx

Daymohktim
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Daymohktim » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:33 am

Does anyone know if Cyprus Yellow Slip and a stam in the passport stating "admitted under eu rules" gives a right to work here in UK?

Thank you.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:38 pm

Daymohktim wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:33 am
Does anyone know if Cyprus Yellow Slip and a stam in the passport stating "admitted under eu rules" gives a right to work here in UK?

Thank you.
Yes in theory, no in practice. See from Page 31 onwards of the Employer's Guide to Right to work checks.

And it is even harder in your case as the spouse is not an EEA citizen, but a British citizen and the Surinder Singh route is harder to prove without the correct documentation.

You are better off applying for both a Residence Card under the EEA Regulations (which will get your non-EEA spouse a physical card to demonstrate right to work and live in the UK) in addition to Pre-Settled Status (which will give her a digitally verifiable proof of right to work) - you can apply for both simultaneouosly.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.