ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third National Child of a Zambrano carer who got Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DanyaD
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bhutan

Third National Child of a Zambrano carer who got Settled Status

Post by DanyaD » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:40 am

Dear members,

If a Zambrano carer gets Settled Status under the European Settlement Scheme and has another child living in a Third World Country, has this other child the right to apply to stay in the UK under the European Settlement Scheme as the child of a parent that has obtained settled status under ESS?

secret.simon

Re: Third National Child of a Zambrano carer who got Settled Status

Post by secret.simon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:48 pm

How old is the third nation citizen child and how old is the British citizen child?

I suspect that the child will have to meet the standard requirements under the UK Immigration Rules, not the ones for the Settled Status Scheme.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Third National Child of a Zambrano carer who got Settled Status

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Yes, regulation 16(6) will be applicable to such cases and hence such person will be eligible for an EEA family permit under the settlement scheme.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors