ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme as unmarried partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

santiagopoli
Newly Registered
Argentina

EU Settlement Scheme as unmarried partner

Post by santiagopoli » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi there,

I have a question regarding how to get pre-settled status as the unmarried partner of an EU National, as my girlfriend and I are moving to the UK in April. I do hold a Work Visa (Tier 2 General) but my girlfriend has Italian Citizenship. She will apply for the EU Settlement Scheme and will likely get a pre-settled status. I want to apply as an unmarried partner because the work visa is quite restrictive.

However, I don´t know what kind of evidence I´ll need to present. The UK Guidance Page states that Bank Statements, Tenancy Agreements and Utility Bills are enough proof, but I need to prove that we were together for more than two years. In our case that´s easy because we have been together for seven years, but all of the evidence we have is of our home country. The guidance page doesn't say anything about providing translated documents from another country (for example, tenancy agreements). Do you know if that´s possible? The page states that we need to prove that we have been together for more than two years but does not specify that those two years must have been within the UK.

Thanks!

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EU Settlement Scheme as unmarried partner

Post by NatCam » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:50 am

All the documents should be translated into English.

santiagopoli
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by santiagopoli » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks, that doesn’t answer my question though

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:41 pm

2 years not necessarily in the UK

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49 pm

Unless I'm missing something, you must first apply as for a residence card as a durable partner under the EEA Regulations. To apply, your girlfriend must be a 'qualified person', e.g. in work. Having got that, you can then apply under the EUSS.