ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mexican partner to marry Romanian living in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mp274
Newly Registered
Romania

Mexican partner to marry Romanian living in UK

Post by mp274 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello everybody!
Thank you for this support!

I am a professional working in the UK for 2 years and I have pre-settled status.
My fiancee is Mexican. We visited each other a few times and we want to get married soon. We don't have 2 years of living together.

I'm unsure as to how to proceed? My fiancee to come to the UK as a tourist, or to first apply for a marriage/spouse visa?

Is there such a marriage/fiancee visa for partners of EU nationals living in the UK with pre-settled status?
With this, I was told that the Home Office wouldn't be involved - but I couldn't find such a visa on gov UK.

Or is it easier to marry in a different country? Romania/Denmark (Las Vegas of weddings in the EU) and then apply directly to EU Settlement Scheme?

Mihai

NatCam
Georgia

Re: Mexican partner to marry Romanian living in UK

Post by NatCam » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:06 pm

No, there isn't.
Countries are closing borders - how are you going to get married?

lisa1933
Newly Registered

Post by lisa1933 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:12 pm

mp274 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:13 pm
Hello everybody!
Thank you for this support!

I am a professional working in the UK for 2 years and I have pre-settled status.
My fiancee is Mexican. We visited each other a few times and we want to get married soon. We don't have 2 years of living together.

I'm unsure as to how to proceed? My fiancee to come to the UK as a tourist, or to first apply for a marriage/spouse visa?

Is there such a marriage/fiancee visa for partners of EU nationals living in the UK with pre-settled status?
With this, I was told that the Home Office wouldn't be involved - but I couldn't find such a visa on gov UK.

Or is it easier to marry in a different country? Romania/Denmark (Las Vegas of weddings in the EU) and then apply directly to EU Settlement Scheme?

Mihai
Marriage visitor visa.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:30 pm

lisa1933 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:12 pm
Marriage visitor visa.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
What reason do you have to believe that that would be granted if the intention is to live together in the UK after marriage?

mp274
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by mp274 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:10 am

Marriage visitor visa is just for partners just travelling in the UK and not intending to remain there. So it doesn't apply to us.

We have postponed our marriage given the current crisis until things became more clear.
Would lean to marrying her in Mexico civically then applying for EU settlement scheme. If after crisis time frame and Brexit is still on our side......