ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for parents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drdentist29
India

Help regarding parents visa process

Post by drdentist29 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 am

Hello guys i am really thankful of your previous helps, i just want to ask is there any way that if i can call my parents to Uk. I am in 5 year EEA family permit visa. My wife is from EEA country. If you can help it will be really helpful please..
thank you so much.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Help regarding parents visa process

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am

Hello

Is it for a visit or to live in the UK?

Are they dependent on you at the moment? Do they have other relatives where they live?

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:12 am

To live in Uk, i do send money every month to them, Hw was gov. Employee but coz of his health condition he is not well..i do have elder brother but they don’t live together.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 am

Only your EU spouse can sponsor your parents. I'll leave others better placed to advise on the challenges of proving dependency.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 am
Only your EU spouse can sponsor your parents. I'll leave others better placed to advise on the challenges of proving dependency.
Thank you yes that’s not the issue. is there any possibilities to sponsor and what documents and how can i apply.
Thank you

vpp1981

Post by vpp1981 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:18 pm

drdentist29 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 am
Casa wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 am
Thank you yes that’s not the issue. is there any possibilities to sponsor and what documents and how can i apply.
Thank you
Hi drdentist29,

I have asked similar question before in this forum and based on my understanding, you can apply non EU parents using EU settlement scheme.

This is relatively new option and there is no requirement even to prove financial dependency.

Full details of EU Settlement Scheme is here -> eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 67448.html

I found below thread useful too
eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 82198.html

Please do update us here your success story once processed. All the best

drdentist29
India

Apply for parents

Post by drdentist29 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Hello . If someone can answer my query will be really helpful, Thank you.
I am an Indian national and i am in EEA family permit, my wife is from EU national and she already received her settled status. If we want to apply for my parents who are in India, is there any way we can apply? Or is there any chances based on it.

Many thanks.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Apply for parents

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Hello

They can apply (not her). They apply using the EEA FM route.

It's risky. Sometimes it works, sometime it gets you a refusal no mater what.

The problem is that once this application is refused, it won't be possible to get visitor visas for them (ever).

So you need to weigh the risks / benefits for your family and decide if you want to proceed. The application itself is cheap.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Based on Covid-19 situations, my wife she is not working at the moment, doest it affect, if we apply. I am dentist in Uk and we are claiming Universal credit because of the current situation. Does it affect?

Many thanks.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:11 pm
Topics merged!!!
Thank you

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 pm

There are multiple views about it.

The extreme view is that under EEA routes, there is no revenue requirement. In addition, as they are parents, they qualify as close family members, so the dependency is assumed. Even the EEA FM form is not compulsory. Following this view, you can apply by sending an EEA passport, a non-EEA passport and a post-it sticker.

While the approach above has some theoretical merits, it doesn't sound realistic to me. The EEA FM applications I have seem in front of me that worked out of the box without any questions from the Home Office were very comprehensive:

- Full financial situation of the EEA sponsor demonstrating ability to sponsor
- Extensive documentation of dependency and relationship
- Strong cover letter/representation for good measure

In your case, the EEA national is not working (is the EEA national exercising Treaty Rights at all?). If you are called to demonstrate dependency, you will be in weak position explaining that you are sharing the public funds with them already.

Beyond that: any time someone has the project to bring relatives, I always recommend seeing a financial adviser. Helping someone abroad, is not the same as having the same person under your responsibility in the UK. You need to think disposable income and affordability. An adviser can help you to realistically budgeting for that in order to analyse the feasibility with numbers not with emotions.

This point is very important as I have seen people struggling with maxed out credits cards and debts incurred by a cost of a dependent adult. The pressures arising from that can break families apart.

On a personal note, you seem to go through a difficult situation at the moment. I think the most important thing now is to go through this and see the light again with a limited damage to your health, your couple and your finance. Do you think you EEA wife would be fine living the next 5 years with your parents in the living room ? I am culturally from a place where 3 generations share a house and everybody finds normal. It's less socially accepted in Europe. So your wife might be happy to assist now but the day she has to cancel a trip or a mortgage project because there isn't enough money, the tension would be unbearable at home.

Good luck whatever you decide.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Thank you very much for the detail information. Understood it, And if we apply after 31st December 2020, does it affect or it won't be possible to get it because of the Brexit.

Many thanks.
Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 pm
Thank you very much for the detail information. Understood it, And if we apply after 31st December 2020, does it affect or it won't be possible to get it because of the Brexit.

Many thanks.

There are multiple views about it.

The extreme view is that under EEA routes, there is no revenue requirement. In addition, as they are parents, they qualify as close family members, so the dependency is assumed. Even the EEA FM form is not compulsory. Following this view, you can apply by sending an EEA passport, a non-EEA passport and a post-it sticker.

While the approach above has some theoretical merits, it doesn't sound realistic to me. The EEA FM applications I have seem in front of me that worked out of the box without any questions from the Home Office were very comprehensive:

- Full financial situation of the EEA sponsor demonstrating ability to sponsor
- Extensive documentation of dependency and relationship
- Strong cover letter/representation for good measure

In your case, the EEA national is not working (is the EEA national exercising Treaty Rights at all?). If you are called to demonstrate dependency, you will be in weak position explaining that you are sharing the public funds with them already.

Beyond that: any time someone has the project to bring relatives, I always recommend seeing a financial adviser. Helping someone abroad, is not the same as having the same person under your responsibility in the UK. You need to think disposable income and affordability. An adviser can help you to realistically budgeting for that in order to analyse the feasibility with numbers not with emotions.

This point is very important as I have seen people struggling with maxed out credits cards and debts incurred by a cost of a dependent adult. The pressures arising from that can break families apart.

On a personal note, you seem to go through a difficult situation at the moment. I think the most important thing now is to go through this and see the light again with a limited damage to your health, your couple and your finance. Do you think you EEA wife would be fine living the next 5 years with your parents in the living room ? I am culturally from a place where 3 generations share a house and everybody finds normal. It's less socially accepted in Europe. So your wife might be happy to assist now but the day she has to cancel a trip or a mortgage project because there isn't enough money, the tension would be unbearable at home.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 am

After Dec 31st, it will be too late

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
In your case, the EEA national is not working (is the EEA national exercising Treaty Rights at all?).
I was wondering that. She can't take UK benefits if she is not exercising treaty rights as a worker or has settled status.

Because of the pandemic and the high numbers claiming, the DWP had to draft in extra staff and were taking the benefit claims on face value. Very soon, they will have to check these claims to see who has been taking what they were not allowed/made a false claim.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:40 am

JB007 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 am
Zerubbabel wrote:
In your case, the EEA national is not working (is the EEA national exercising Treaty Rights at all?).
I was wondering that. She can't take UK benefits if she is not exercising treaty rights as a worker or has settled status.

Because of the pandemic and the high numbers claiming, the DWP had to draft in extra staff and were taking the benefit claims on face value. Very soon, they will have to check these claims to see who has been taking what they were not allowed/made a false claim.
JB007 I have seen your posts in benefit section of the forum as well please allow me to say that you appear to have some sort of phycological complex about people claiming any benefits they may be able to claim.
You are Loyal is more than king type of example who I guess somehow managed to naturalise as BC and now has a presumption that everybody who emigrates to uk does so solely for benefits.
Please don't make your advice unnecessarily complicated and discouraging.
Nobody here in this post asked you about how DWP will handle benefit claim but original question was something else.
And yes I am not a fan of using social security either but I will not judge anyone else.
I have seen white native Uk born people taking benefits from right left and top too.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:43 am

Yes, she is exercising treaty Rights. So, do i have to apply before 31st December? And We won't be in any benefits from next month as once my dental clinic open again. But my wife she is pregnant and won't be able to work, so, does it affect when we apply, if she is not working.
JB007 wrote:
Zerubbabel wrote:

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:41 am

Yes, she is exercising treaty Rights. So, do i have to apply before 31st December? And We won't be in any benefits from next month as once my dental clinic open again. But my wife she is pregnant and won't be able to work, so, does it affect when we apply, if she is not working.
Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 am

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:18 pm

New on forum wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:40 am
JB007 wrote:
Zerubbabel wrote:

JB007 I have seen your posts in benefit section of the forum as well please allow me to say that you appear to have some sort of phycological complex about people claiming any benefits they may be able to claim.
You are Loyal is more than king type of example who I guess somehow managed to naturalise as BC and now has a presumption that everybody who emigrates to uk does so solely for benefits.
Nobody here in this post asked you about how DWP will handle benefit claim but original question was something else.
And yes I am not a fan of using social security either but I will not judge anyone else.
I have seen white native Uk born people taking benefits from right left and top too.
It's nothing to do with where somebody is born, it's the benefit rules about who can claim.

If you don't like the benefit rules then complain to your MP. Not that that will work as the UK have put through Welfare Reform laws to make the UK's welfare state less generous and new laws needs MPs to vote.

However, the welfare reform laws won't make any difference to those who don't claim benefits.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:03 pm

drdentist29 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:41 am
Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 am
You need to apply ASAP. In theory you can apply until 31/12/2020, but I never liked working too close to the deadlines. The sooner, the better.

Your EEA national doesn't need to work. The person can be "self sufficient" but everything has to be demonstrated. The Home Office can turn around say your wife is not exercising Treaty Right and this would be end of it.

Last thing you need to consider: your parents will be applying to effectively immigrate to the UK. If this application fails, they won't be eligible to any visitor visa to the UK in the future. I mean even if in 10 years they apply for a visitor visa, the Home Office would refuse it on the basis that an immigration attempt failed. So you have to consider this carefully too.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:06 pm

New on forum wrote:
Are these the reasons why you are upset about the government changes to the benefit system to make the UK less attractive?

immigration-for-family-members/is96-whi ... 28154.html

eea-route-applications/technical-questi ... l#p1900785

The OP is a skilled worker and his situation is different to yours.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:36 pm

JB007 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:06 pm
New on forum wrote:
Are these the reasons why you are upset about the government changes to the benefit system to make the UK less attractive?

immigration-for-family-members/is96-whi ... 28154.html

eea-route-applications/technical-questi ... l#p1900785

The OP is a skilled worker and his situation is different to yours.
No one including me here is upset about benefit rules and your response was irrelevant to whole topic of the post.
when did I or anyone else here complained about benefit rules.
You response here again proves what said in earlier post to you.
Let me re iterate I am geniunely very grateful for how I have been treated in this country.
I am trying to bring your attention to your deteriorating mental complex and pre assumption about fellow immigrants.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:16 am

New on forum wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:36 pm
No one including me here is upset about benefit rules and your response was irrelevant to whole topic of the post.
My response could have been relevant to the OP, read the posts again.

Your posts show that you have applied for the UK to give you things for free e.g. your post about your application for a fee waiver.

New on forum wrote:
Let me re iterate I am geniunely very grateful for how I have been treated in this country.
I am trying to bring your attention to your deteriorating mental complex and pre assumption about fellow immigrants.
Some migratns have a high sense of entitlement of what they think the UK should give them and the UK are addressing this problem. None of this is relevant to the OP as he is a highly skilled worker and he will keep his family.

Upcoming changes to the welfare rules were announced in Parlaiment, with a list of EU countries that would now give more benefit money than the UK, in about 2015 I believe. Not sure how you missed it as although you have said in your posts that you were illegally in the UK then, you would have had access to the internet via the library at the very least.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:00 am

JB007 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:16 am
New on forum wrote:
My response could have been relevant to the OP, read the posts again.

Your posts show that you have applied for the UK to give you things for free e.g. your post about your application for a fee waiver.

New on forum wrote:
Some migratns have a high sense of entitlement of what they think the UK should give them and the UK are addressing this problem. None of this is relevant to the OP as he is a highly skilled worker and he will keep his family.

Upcoming changes to the welfare rules were announced in Parlaiment, with a list of EU countries that would now give more benefit money than the UK, in about 2015 I believe. Not sure how you missed it as although you have said in your posts that you were illegally in the UK then, you would have had access to the internet via the library at the very least.
I really hope that you get better.
I don't feel need to explain to you what i have achieved since 2015 and what professional capacity I work in at the minute but I am pretty sure that the house I pay privately and entirely my own earnings is better than a lot of people can dream of.
I am not ashamed of having to use internet in a library but rather I am proud that even at that time I sustained myself with my pride and changed my situation for better.
What makes you think that I am ungrateful of uks social security system ?
I have never felt the need to complain or nag about this I simply pointed to your stupid benefit related response to everybody's question whether or not they asked about it.
I can swear that I am not even familiar with your so called less attractive type of new benefit sysytem you blab our without a call. I have never claimed it nor anybody in my household.
There is an old saying when a dog gets blind it barks at the wind.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:11 am

@ New on forum Your posts are detracting from the OP's situation and have become disrespectful.

Member JB007 has given valuable advice regarding the benefit system on this forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.