ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help me please it’s very urgent

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Samee381r
Newly Registered

Non eea national got separated , advice needed

Post by Samee381r » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:40 am

Hi everyone’s
First of all I share my background story to make easier to understand my situation,
I am a non eu national live and work in uk with European wife ,
I Got married with my European wife in my home country in 2014 ,
2015 my wife moved to UK from Europe and W full time working from the day first ,
We have child 5 year old ,
I came in uk almost 2 year ,
We are living together with my wife
Holding BRC ,
Applied pre settlement status ,
Received confirmation of pre status,
I am working full time ,
When my child was born I was still in my home country at birth time and child were born in Europe in mother home land however my wife did not added my name in birth certificate as she said it’s rule father has to be present when register child birth , now things not going very well as expected and I am worry about my child if we broke up , am I able to stay in Uk as a father or what I think I try my best to explain my situation hope you guys understand ?

Samee381r
Newly Registered

Re: Non eea national got separated , advice needed

Post by Samee381r » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:48 am

Samee381r wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:40 am
Hi everyone’s
First of all Let me tell you background story to make easier to understand my situation,
2015 my wife moved to UK from Europe and W full time working from the day first ,
Holding BRC ,
I am working full time ,
When my child was born I was still in my home country at birth time and child were born in Europe in mother home land however my wife did not added my name in birth certificate as she said it’s rule father has to be present when register child birth , now things not going very well as expected and I am worry about my child if we broke up , am I able to stay in Uk as a father or what I think I try my best to explain my situation hope you guys understand ?

Samee381r
Newly Registered

Help me please it’s very urgent

Post by Samee381r » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi everyone’s
First of all Let me tell you background story to make easier to understand my situation,
Holding BRC ,
I am working full time ,

Obie
Ireland

Re: Help me please it’s very urgent

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:16 am

Your wife could have put your name on it if she wanted to. I suspect she must have told the registry that she is not married. If you are married then the registry will insert the name of the man in that marriage as the father, even in his absence.
Therefore your absence should not have made a difference. Showing your marriage certificate would have sufficed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Do you have any other document proving paternity? Otherwise, there is only your word that the kid is yours.

First of all, I recommend contacting the country where she registered the kid to double check her version. I appreciate you may not speak the language. But just find a solicitor online in that country and send an email in English. Try 2 or 3 solicitors for good measure. If it's a simple question, most will just respond back with the information. Otherwise, they may offer a phone consultation for a fee but at least you get this part sorted. I often called solicitors is various countries in the world and most are happy to provide information on the phone then they send you a bill by email.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 am

Obie wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:16 am
Your wife could have put your name on it if she wanted to. I suspect she must have told the registry that she is not married. If you are married then the registry will insert the name of the man in that marriage as the father, even in his absence.
Therefore your absence should not have made a difference. Showing your marriage certificate would have sufficed.
You don't know which country the child was born and registered in, so you don't actually know that.