ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry into UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Entry into UK

Post by euspouse07 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Dear Forum Members
As assume this question must have been answered somewhere , but I would appreciate if someone help me with the question.
Till what date the holder of EUSS FAMILY PERMIT can enter the state, if the EEA National is already residing in the UK?
Thanks

kamoe

Re: Entry into UK

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:34 pm

euspouse07 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:29 pm
Till what date the holder of EUSS FAMILY PERMIT can enter the state, if the EEA National is already residing in the UK?
Until whatever date the permit is valid (it's printed date).

But I am just thinking that, since this is a very obvious answer, maybe your real question relates to a particular circumstance? Any particular reason you ask this?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks for quick response.
The reason is the deadline for making application for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme?
Till what date EUSS permit holder to enter in the Uk to able to apply for the status under the EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME!
Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:16 pm

euspouse07 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:53 pm
The reason is the deadline for making application for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme?
Till what date EUSS permit holder to enter in the Uk to able to apply for the status under the EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME!
Are you are asking if EUSS Family Permits will have their validity cut, because of the deadline of June 30th?

I cannot (as no one in this forum can) guarantee what the printed expiration date of EUSS Family Permits will be for documents issued after January 2021, but I highly doubt their validity will be less than the standard 6 months, since holders still need to wait for biometric cards to be issued; it makes sense to maintain the standard 6-month validity. This means that a FP issued in February 2021 might have a printed validity after June 30th 2021. Again, no guarantee.

So, general answer to your question is that Family Permits are valid for 6 months, and holders can use it to get in and out of the UK as needed, within its validity period.

Obviously, the holder of a EUSS Family Permit should act on their own interest and apply for the EUSS within the UK and (hopefully) well before the deadline of June 30th. This means the holder needs to have entered the UK at least once before that date (since applications for EUSS need to be done inside the UK if the applicant has never resided in the UK before).

Again, I sense an urgency in your question, related to a particular circumstance?

There can be a case where the holder of a EUSS Family Permit has come to the UK and applied shortly before the deadline, and then needs to travel abroad before receiving their biometric EUSS card. The question of whether their EUSS family permit will be accepted when coming back into the UK after June 30th 2021 might not have a straightforward answer. I would tend to think that as long as the printed expiration date has not passed (e.g. hypothetical case of February issue date and August expiration date), it could be good to use. Again, cannot guarantee. The best call would be not to travel out of the UK until the biometric card has been issued.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 am

Thanks for such a detailed answer and it seems you have answered my question.
To be more specific, the applicant EUSS FM is valid till the March 2021.
The question is entering into the UK.
Can the applicant enter into the United Kingdom in the January 2021 and still able to apply for EUSS?
Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:19 am

euspouse07 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 am
To be more specific, the applicant EUSS FM is valid till the March 2021.
The question is entering into the UK.
Can the applicant enter into the United Kingdom in the January 2021 and still able to apply for EUSS?
Yes. Why do you think that would not be the case?

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:24 am

I could not find any link on their website

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:25 am

euspouse07 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:24 am
I could not find any link on their website
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... atus-means
Bring family members to the UK after 31 December 2020

If you’re a citizen of an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you’ll be able to bring close family members to the UK after 31 December 2020 if both of the following apply:
  • your relationship with them began before 31 December 2020
  • you are still in the relationship when they apply to join you
If you’re a Swiss citizen, you’ll also be able to bring your spouse or civil partner to the UK until 31 December 2025 if both of the following apply:
  • your relationship with them began between 31 December 2020 and 31 December 2025
  • you are still in the relationship when they apply to join you