ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence card or Pre Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

EEA Residence card or Pre Settled Status

Post by jafferdeen » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 am

Hi

my friend is from Germany. He is working and living in the UK. He has pre-settled status in the UK. His wife and 2 daughters are Indian nationals and they have joined him in the UK. The family was granted a family permits valid for 6 months.

Now their family permits are expiring and they need to extend their stay. Which application they will need to submit??
Will they need to apply for Pre-settled Status online or they need to fill EEA(FM) applications(paper version) and send along with a £65 fee?

Please advice
J Khan

kamoe

Re: EEA Residence card or Pre Settled Status

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:59 am

jafferdeen wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 am
Now their family permits are expiring and they need to extend their stay. Which application they will need to submit??
Will they need to apply for Pre-settled Status online or they need to fill EEA(FM) applications(paper version) and send along with a £65 fee?
Pre-Settled status. They won't be able to apply using the app, but applications are possible online+post/scanning centre, without having a biometric card.

There is no point in applying for the EEA route now, since even if they could get EEA RC cards, they would need to apply for Pre-Settled Status anyway before June 2021, and would have to apply to convert their EEA RC into EUSS cards. Honestly I am amazed applications for EEA RC are still open, there is very little point in these at the moment, if any.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Thank you so much.

i have found the information to apply for pre-settled status for non-Eu family members where it says Applicants need to choose the option to provide identity documents details and digital passport size photograph of applicants online and submit an application then post documents to the Home Office.

Once applications are approved will non-EU family members will get any Residence cards confirming their status ?
J Khan

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:28 pm

jafferdeen wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:53 pm
i have found the information to apply for pre-settled status for non-Eu family members where it says Applicants need to choose the option to provide identity documents details and digital passport size photograph of applicants online and submit an application then post documents to the Home Office.
Correct, although some members of this forum have advised there is no longer need to post your documents. Apparently you will be able to scan them in due time. I believe the application guides you on the process of when and how to do this.
Once applications are approved will non-EU family members will get any Residence cards confirming their status ?
For people who do not already have a biometric document, yes, they will be issued a biometric card. In your case, since your family only has Family Permits, they would be issued a biometric card as a result of applying for the EU Settlement Scheme.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.