ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu settlement scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ragner1899
Newly Registered

Eu settlement scheme

Post by Ragner1899 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:55 am

Hi all
Am a non Eu citizen living in the Uk. I just want to know if I can apply to the Eu scheme or not. My story is I was married to a British citizen and we had 2 kids who are British as well and I have leave to remain on a 10 year partner route. We broke up in 2018 and applied for divorce and I have since moved on and be living together with a new partner and we have a child to together. So in 2020 July I applied on family route on basis of my kids of which am still waiting for a response. So when we called the Eu resolution centre last week to sort my child out as he is an Eu citizen the lady said that I can apply as well as am unmarried partner since I am the mother are in a durable relationship and living together since 2018. So I applied on the Eu app and booked bio appointment. My question is will it be successful or if not will it affect my current application of which am still waiting for and at the moment am still able to work bcus I applied it b4 my leave expired. Thank you everyone for your response in advance

raphaelo
Newly Registered

Re: Eu settlement scheme

Post by raphaelo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:52 pm

Ragner1899 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:55 am
Hi all
Am a non Eu citizen living in the Uk. I just want to know if I can apply to the Eu scheme or not. My story is I was married to a British citizen and we had 2 kids who are British as well and I have leave to remain on a 10 year partner route. We broke up in 2018 and applied for divorce and I have since moved on and be living together with a new partner and we have a child to together. So in 2020 July I applied on family route on basis of my kids of which am still waiting for a response. So when we called the Eu resolution centre last week to sort my child out as he is an Eu citizen the lady said that I can apply as well as am unmarried partner since I am the mother are in a durable relationship and living together since 2018. So I applied on the Eu app and booked bio appointment. My question is will it be successful or if not will it affect my current application of which am still waiting for and at the moment am still able to work bcus I applied it b4 my leave expired. Thank you everyone for your response in advance
Hi, i have just recently applied too . i believe your other application will not be processed and the EUSS application will be processed instead as its the later one . I do stand corrected .
Also , applying as an unmarried partner , it should be successful as long as you have a relevant document .

You can apply as carer to an EU child, it will be the paper application not online i believe and also as you applied before your current leave expired , you have same right as your previous Leave allowed until a decision is made .Your caseworker will send a COA , still waiting for mine :)

Ragner1899
Newly Registered

Post by Ragner1899 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 am

@raphealo Tnx for the response so what documents did u use as unmarried partner for the Euss and how sure u think it’s gonna be approved bcus I don’t wanna cancel the one I have been waiting on for months and get denied in the Euss.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:37 am

Ragner1899 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:55 am
Hi all
Are you the durable partner of an relevant EU citizen?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ragner1899
Newly Registered

Post by Ragner1899 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:41 am

@vinny it depends on what qualifies as a durable partner bcus currently we have been living together for 2year plus and have a child together

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:15 am

Yes. Indeed. Please click on any given links in my above post for further information. There are overly complex definitions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:56 pm

The information he was given is wholly wrong and he will not succeed. He will need to first apply for a Residence card, unless the EU child was over 18, in which case he could use the app and apply as a parent of that child.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

raphaelo
Newly Registered

Post by raphaelo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Ragner1899 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 am
@raphealo Tnx for the response so what documents did u use as unmarried partner for the Euss and how sure u think it’s gonna be approved bcus I don’t wanna cancel the one I have been waiting on for months and get denied in the Euss.

hiya @ Ragner1899 , i applied as a formal spouse to a relevant EU national, sorry i was not clear on my previous post .
Look at the link @ Vinny sent you , you should get a clear picture . You wont have to cancel your other one , its done by caseworkers as one of the Rules if you like under the EUSS scheme .

raphaelo
Newly Registered

Post by raphaelo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:56 pm
The information he was given is wholly wrong and he will not succeed. He will need to first apply for a Residence card, unless the EU child was over 18, in which case he could use the app and apply as a parent of that child.
Good evening @ Obie,i am sorry for ambushing you here . Please what do you think about my case ? i asked a question in my own topic but i can ask it here too if you like . Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:10 pm

raphaelo wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:08 pm
Obie wrote:
Good evening @ Obie,i am sorry for ambushing you here . Please what do you think about my case ? i asked a question in my own topic but i can ask it here too if you like . Many thanks in advance
Please keep your question in your own topic. It is considered rude to tag your questions onto other members topic and is unfair to other posters, creating confusion!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raphaelo
Newly Registered

Post by raphaelo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:10 pm
raphaelo wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:08 pm
Obie wrote:
Please keep your question in your own topic. It is considered rude to tag your questions onto other members topic and is unfair to other posters, creating confusion!!
indeed , please accept my apology .