ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen dependant

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Beenybooz
Newly Registered

EU citizen dependant

Post by Beenybooz » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Hi

I am EU citizen in the UK and applied visa for my brother and his family as adult dependants in 2019. This was rejected and I appealed to the tribunal.
The tribunal has now found in our favour. However I understand that it is 2021 now. Can they still come over as the original application was made before brexit became effective?
Will home office now consider it as done deal and issue the visa as our appeal was successful or it's too late?

Beenybooz
Newly Registered

Re: EU citizen dependant

Post by Beenybooz » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:41 am

No reply 😔

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 pm

We are talking about an application that was made while these EEA rules were valid. So for the purpose of this application, it's fine. They are not going to turn around and tell you "yes but we are now in 2021".

Many people applied in late 2020 and received positive outcomes in 2021. When a road is closed, it closes for new entrants not for people who already made applications in time.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 am

They will be granted EEA FM and subsequently issued with pre settle status unless HO take the case to upper tribunal which is possibility unlikely to happen.
Could you please share your experience at the tribunal and also about the refusal ;
1) what reasons were given in the refusals
2) number of family members and their age and length of dependency
3) how did the lawyer convince the tribunal?
Thanks