ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit(EUSS) for Direct and Extended FM

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Uzzy1986
Newly Registered
Mood:

EEA Family Permit(EUSS) for Direct and Extended FM

Post by Uzzy1986 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:58 pm

Hi All,
I have read few threads on here and decided to make this seprate one as I have read few suggestions from Admins that we should not post different things in someone elses thread.
I have few questions which are related to this forum and I hope I am not making anyone upset from my post here.
Briefly I applied for my Father and Brother EEA family permit on 24th of December 2020, which was refused and we appealed against the decision on 15th of April 2021, had our online hearing on 21st of January 2022 and the judge made decision in our favour on 28th of Jan but we recieved email on 7th of Feb 2022. Now my questions are as follows..
1) Does the 28 days wait to appeal to upper tribunal starts from 28th of Jan or 7th of Feb? also are these 28 working days or weekends count in those 28 days.
2) After 28 days have past do we then wait for the home office email to submit passports? to be issued EUSS as I read from threads there have been few issues for extended family members?
3) As my family will be travelling from non eu country do they need TB test certificate?
4) What will the requirements to apply for settled status when they are in UK? for both my Father and Brother to stay in the UK long term as read previously they will only be allowed 6 months entry clearence.
5) As we applied in December 2020 will any changes made since then will effect thier chances to get EUSS once they are in the UK and will that settled statues will be given for 5 years?
I have also attached the Judge decision after appeal was granted only because so far everything myself and wife has done (meaning dealt with all the applications paper work etc) by reading online and especially from this forum.
6) Both applications was made seperately to each other hence different refrence numbers below

Appeal Decision
26. In respect of the First Appellant I find that he is the father-in-law of the Sponsor, and he has demonstrated to the civil standard that he is dependent on her material support to meet his essential needs. I find that the Sponsor meets the definition of a qualified person under regulation 6 of the EEA Regulations. Therefore, I find that the First Appellant meets the definition of a family member of an EEA national under regulation 7 of the EEA Regulations and I allow his appeal.
27. In respect of the second Appellant I find that he is the brother-in-law of the Sponsor and he has demonstrated to the civil standard that he is dependent on her to meet his essential needs. I find that the Sponsor meets the definition of a qualified person under regulation 6 of the EEA regulations. Therefore, I find that the Second Appellant meets the definition of an ‘extended family member’ of an EEA national under regulation 8 of the EEA Regulations and I allow his appeal.
NOTICE OF DECISION
Appeals EA xxxxxxxxx and EA xxxxxxxxx are allowed under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016.

All your help will be very much appreciated as mentioned at the start .
hopefully I will get some guidance and this thread will also help people looking for the same answers

Rai1988
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit(EUSS) for Direct and Extended FM

Post by Rai1988 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:31 pm

Hi. Thanks for sharing this..
How did you prove the dependency of your brother in law on you?
Thanks for your help..

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun May 01, 2022 9:55 pm

For the Home Office, the deadline to appeal is 14 days. 28 days only applies if you are applying from outside the UK.

They do not issue EEA family permit anymore, so hopefully father in law and brother in law will receive EU settlement scheme family permit..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

cardigun
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by cardigun » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:14 pm

Hi
Can you please tell me if you have applied for pre settled status for your brother in law?
If yes then how did you do that as the online application for joining family members doesnt have extended family option.
Please reply urgently if you can

Thank you

Uzzy1986
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Uzzy1986 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:01 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:55 pm
For the Home Office, the deadline to appeal is 14 days. 28 days only applies if you are applying from outside the UK.

They do not issue EEA family permit anymore, so hopefully father in law and brother in law will receive EU settlement scheme family permit..
Hi Obie I have another question we received a letter from the home office asking us to submit passports for the visa stamp as they will only be allowed for 6 months and then my family have to apply for a settlement scheme, now e have submitted the documents 6 weeks ago and still, we did not have any reply. Could you please reply if you know how long does it normally takes.

Regards

Uzzy1986
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Uzzy1986 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:05 pm

cardigun wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:14 pm
Hi
Can you please tell me if you have applied for pre settled status for your brother in law?
If yes then how did you do that as the online application for joining family members doesnt have extended family option.
Please reply urgently if you can

Thank you
Hi my wife applied for my brother and father so the father is immediate family and my brother is extended but it depends on the circumstances I believe because we were refused and then we had our appeal where we were able to provide Judge all the evidence required.