ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch pre settled status to settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

gotchamehdi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Switch pre settled status to settled status

Post by gotchamehdi » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 am

Not Sure if this is the right place to post this. If not please redirect.

I have applied to Switch from a pre settled status to settled status last month (26 May) though the app, and taking into consideration the guideline for the processing time, I concluded that it's taking long.

I a Non Eu citizen marrying a an EU citizen who recently ( last year became a British citizen).

I can confirm that I have been living in the UK for 5 years.

Considering my BRC is expiring next month I have been advised to first obtain my settled status then apply for an extension.

After calling the resolution centre I'm being asked now to send the application through post.

is that the case for such cases?
I would appreciate any hints of help if someone is on the same boat

Regards
Gotcha

kamoe
European Union

Re: Switch pre settled status to settled status

Post by kamoe » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:45 am

gotchamehdi wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 am
After calling the resolution centre I'm being asked now to send the application through post.

is that the case for such cases?
Yes, you are a Lounes case. That is, family members of British citizens who were previously EU citizens and had status under EEA rules or the EU scheme before becoming British citizens.

You cannot do an online application because of this, they send you a paper application pre-filled with your name, and that does take a bit longer than regular applications. That is what I understand.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:18 pm

gotchamehdi wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 am
I a Non Eu citizen marrying a an EU citizen...

I can confirm that I have been living in the UK for 5 years.
Have you lived in the UK as the spouse or durable partner of an EEA citizen?

It sounds like you are not yet married to the EEA citizen. Do you intend to get married or have you taken steps to get married?

If you are married, when did you marry?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:21 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:18 pm
Have you lived in the UK as the spouse or durable partner of an EEA citizen?
Given the OP has already pre-settled status and their BRC is expiring soon, I am pretty much assuming the answer to that is yes... (but hey you never know :wink: ).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:42 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:21 pm
Given the OP has already pre-settled status and their BRC is expiring soon, I am pretty much assuming the answer to that is yes... (but hey you never know :wink: ).
They may have got pre-settled status as the non-spousal immediate or extended family member of an EEA citizen, which would of course change the equation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

gotchamehdi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by gotchamehdi » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:01 pm

We got married in in 2018 hence the pre settled