ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 APPLICATION OUTCOME DELAY

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oraake

EEA2 APPLICATION OUTCOME DELAY

Post by oraake » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:21 am

Hello All !!!

Maybe this is just me fretting over nothing but i think i should ask the good people of this forum......... here it goes.

My application has been @ the H.O since November 2008. I got an acknowledgement a month after (DEC 2008) and my wife (FRENCH) asked back for her passport in MARCH 2009 but mine is still @ H.O.

My passport expired in September 2009 in their custody but the only response we got was for my wife to provide her payslips which she had since been sent, in OCT 2009 to be precise. From OCT 2009 till date it's been very silent !!

Am i right to be concerned or is this "wait" normal?
Please help?

Thank you

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:43 pm

The Home Office are obliged by EU law to process your application within 6 months. You should contact Solvit and send a complaint letter to your local MP, pointing out that the Home Office are in violation of EU law, and copy it to the Home Office.

flyhoney
Newly Registered

Post by flyhoney » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:45 pm

omg this is a long wait! my husband's been waiting since april 2009...

about your passport. if I were you I would be very worried right now. the reason is that you passport has now expired. i know that if you have your residence card (sticker in passport) and loose your passport or you passport expires, you will need the sticker to be 'transferred' to your new passport. but it's not as simple as it sounds, because to do that home office actually needs to start a whole new application procedure. so you have to re-submit everything and start from scratch. if i were you, i would contact your consulate and arrange for new passport asap. then send it in to home office along with a covering letter explaining situation and your wife's most recent pay slips. that is unless ho has contacted you about passport?

do you mind me asking, why did you wait this long? EEA2 is not meant to take more than 6 months to process (although i'm surre a lot of people on this forum have experienced otherwise). we haven't received ours and literally within a week after 6 months date we submitted 4 different complaints. unfortunately nothing happened yet, so i'm not sure how effective it all is...

well, keep us updated!

oraake

Post by oraake » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 pm

So sorry should have done this long ago.

I have received my (expired) passport back with the visa on it (THANK GOD !!!). No request to even have passport revalidated as it had expired in HO's custody in September 2009.

HO acknowledged receipt of my application Dec 23rd 2008
HO requested wife's payslips October 2009
Passport receieved February 2010.

Thank you and goodluck and godspeed to others awaiting determination of their application!!

Cheers

thsths

Post by thsths » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:06 pm

oraake wrote:I have received my (expired) passport back with the visa on it (THANK GOD !!!). No request to even have passport revalidated as it had expired in HO's custody in September 2009.
How suitable for the 1st of April. The visa should not have been endorsed in the expired passport, and other countries may (rightly) ignore it, because the passport was already expired at the issue date of the visa.

So I think you should complain, and send them a new passport to endorse. If you do not do that now, you will have to go through the whole process again.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:02 pm

thsths wrote:So I think you should complain, and send them a new passport to endorse. If you do not do that now, you will have to go through the whole process again.
I'm surprised that the RC was endorsed in an expired passport! What is the date of the RC?
Something tells me that regardless of a complaint, UKBA will insist he re-applies all over again, to endorse his new passport! Worth a shot, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

oraake

Post by oraake » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Ha!!!!!

I thank you for your response and concern. But going through the application again and having to wait "X" number of months to get a response........ i will not do that and rather take the risk.

The passport expired whilst in custody of the HO (no fault of mine). No request was made by HO to have pasport revalidated (no fault of mine).

So i honestly think i will cross that bridge (if other countries ignore the RC) when i get to it.

Cheers and thanks again