ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR after divorce - how long till naturalisation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daisy81
Newly Registered

PR after divorce - how long till naturalisation

Post by daisy81 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi there - I'm hoping someone can answer some of my questions please. I have been reading up on the situation of others but still unsure of my situation. So to explain...

July 2002 - got married to EU citizen in London
Aug 2002 - got Residence Card till/ exp Aug 2007
July 2003 - me and my ex leave the UK to live abroad
April 2005 - return to live in the UK with spouse (meaning I start the 5 year continued period over from April 2005)
Aug 2007 - Residence Card expiries but I apply for another to make up the 5 years
Nov 2007 - get new RC valid till Nov 2012
May 2008 - separate from spouse after 6 years of marriage/ 3 years back in the UK
July 2010 - hoping to get my divorce decree and apply for PR!

What I would like to know is by the time my divorce is final (jul) I would already be in the UK for just over 5 years. I take it I will have to apply for PR using EEA4 (or confirmation of PR). If I'm lucky and all goes well say I get PR in Feb 2011....does that mean I will have to wait till Feb 2012 before I can apply for citizenship or can I apply in May 2012 (when I'm in the country for 6 years total). On UKBA they say you need to be free from immigration restrictions for 12 months before you can apply...
This is really confusing :(