ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 pm

@expresso
There is no new rule about issuing the eea2 rc on A4 page even the ukba has the passport. Its a mistake and you need to make a formal complaint to get it stamped on your passport otherwise just keep this page safe and it won't hold any less value than be stamped on passport.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi pal I have still not received my RC I hv called more than 20 times they keep telling me '' Your Application is still not completed'' I will also take this opportunity to say that UKBA told me that my lawyer sent my application to Liverpool instead of Shefield so it was transfered to the right department at shefield by UKBA Liverpool team because my wife is a Romanian. I have really regretted using a Solicitor because this has probably caused my delay to 7 months now.
Here is my time line again:

Appl received by UKBA : 18/06/2012
COA: 23/09/2012 dated 21/09/2012
RC:????
(Case transfered to Romanian and Bulgarian caseworking team at shefield from Liverpool cus my wife is Romanian)
Schastlivchik wrote:
amie1231 wrote:I am also a June Applicant,they received mine on 18th of June, over 6months now,whenever I phone they tell me ''Your application is not decided yet you gonna have to wait more sir''..Just don't know what is happening there when loads of July/August even sept are recieving RC's.Don't get me wrong but it's just worryng waiting too long.it's over six months now!

Hi amie, what about u? any news at all?
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

experience2013
Newly Registered

Post by experience2013 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Hie

I have been following this forum for almost a year now and it was unfortunate I only discovered it after I had submitted my EEA2 Application. I can honestly say its been such a horrendous experience and a true test of my patience and faith but, I want you to all know that you are not alone and it truly does work out in the end. Below is my timeline:

I'm a non-EEA national married to a French EEA national. we have been married since 2009.

I initially submitted my EEA2 in February 2010 almost 3 months before my student visa was about to expire. I never received a COA or any correspondence from the HO until September 2010 informing me that they had lost my application and all documents. Now, you can imagine how distraught I was - not only had I waited 7 months but that long wait to be told such crap! Unfortunately for me, I mistakingly didn't photocopy the application so it was literally back to the drawing board! My husband and I were married abroad so I had to start the process of getting a new marriage certificate, new passports issued etc.

In June 2011 I submitted a fresh EEA2 application, also attached a covering letter highlighting how my initial application had been lost by the HO, copies of their letters confirming this etc. After 4 weeks I received my COA with the right to work. I called, several times chasing up on progress.
In November 2011 I received a refusal letter for my application on the basis that my husband was not exercising his treaty rights ( which was incorrect as he was working and we had attached his payslips etc). The HO kept my passport and we appealed. We went for the appeal in December 2011 and didn't win the appeal. The saga continues.....

In January 2012 I submitted another fresh EEA2 application (at this point this is application no 3). I called, faxed, emailed. several times following up on application and in April 2011 I received a letter from the HO requesting more documents (proof of exercising treaty rights of which was attached to the application by way of HMRCs National Insurance contribution as my husband was now self-employed) and they returned my whole application.

On 29 July 2012 I submitted another fresh EEA2 application (mainly with HMRCs NI contribution, Filed Tax returns, Utility bills, Separate bank statements, Accountants letter, Health and Life insurance policies, Marriage certificate, Photos, etc)
I received my COA with right to work on 15 October 2013. I only called the HO on 2 occasions to confirm if they had received some additional supporting documentation from HMRC I had sent by post and fax, after submitting my application. This time round I was very patient and wasn't even going to stress myself with the delays of the HO (after dealing with their inefficiency for almost 3 years now I was now immune lol.
I can proudly say I received my passport with my RC yesterday early morning (09/01/2013), after 5 months, and all my documents in full.

It has been such a horrific experience more so for me as its been dragged out for so long and I've been stuck in this country for so long, it's been mentally and emotionally challenging. I am just greatful to God that this nightmare has come to end.

My advice for all those still waiting for their RC, don't worry you are not alone but just be very patient and don't let the inefficiency and processing time delays of the HO worry you - majority of us have all been victims to it. I sincerely wish you nothing but the best and if anyone needs any advice (may not have all the answers but will do my best from my experience) please feel free to email me.

All the best!!!

sofia.d.c

Post by sofia.d.c » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 am

Oh god experience2013 you've made me so scared now!! Congrats to you on your well-deserved RC!

experience2013
Newly Registered

Post by experience2013 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 am

sofia.d.c wrote:Oh god experience2013 you've made me so scared now!! Congrats to you on your well-deserved RC!
Thank you sofia.d.c don't be scared - nothing to worry about just patience!

lannalondon1
Newly Registered

Post by lannalondon1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 am

experience 2013-

This is my second application and I understand you. UK Home Office is a disgrace to Britain which economy relies on immigration and they treat residents with such a disrespect that I really think that they should be taken to the European court every time things like this happen (not processing application on time, losing all documents etc). Problem is that applicants are scared of not receiving RC that they would rather wait and be quiet as opposed to using their right to prosecute them for causing emotional stress and all kinds of personal problems to people. UK Home Office has been holding my passport for almost a year- thanks to them I lost an opportunity to travel, spend time with my family and friends, attend birthdays, and all important occasions. What strikes me is that they don't seem to care.... But what goes around comes around. With this behaviour I am sure that someone will have the courage to go public about their lack of professionalism, knowledge and experience and I can't wait for that to happen!

sharazahmad45
Newly Registered

Appliction form

Post by sharazahmad45 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm

hi,
i send my applicaiton on 13 Dec 2012, and filled my form/declaration on 12 dec 12 and post it on 13 DEC,
on 13 Dec before post my file i check on ukba website they still have old form, then i post it,
and i recevied my CAO on 5th Jan 2013,
but i check it today ukba upload new form on the website dated 13dec 2012,
but on CAO they mentions that appliaiton dated on 13 DEC,
what do you think they accept my applcaiton ?
or they gonna refuse it after 6 months ? or what should i do ?

sincerely
SHAZ

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 pm

@ sharazahmad45

I am utterly shocked an out of words, I posted my application on 29th December, the received 2nd Jan 2013. I am very sure of the application forms i used for both applications (EEA1 and EEA2), it was the June/July version, and at the point of posting my application, I checked the website on 29th december to be sure if i was using the right forms, i didnt find the new one there yet....Only for me to check now and seen a new one saying its for applications made on or 12th of December...It was never on the website before sending my applications!

This is terrible, what happens now! are they going to return it! but they hadnt put the new one yet at the time of my application.

I havent had COA yet either

yoshi_jp
Japan

Post by yoshi_jp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Application: EEA2
Nationality: Japanese
Current status: Tier 1 (General), valid till 28/11/2014
Spouse: Polish, permanent resident
Application posted: 05/01/2013 (Saturday, RoyalMail Special Delivery)
Application received: 07/01/2013 (signed by "NAT")
COA issued: 08/01/2013 ("Data Proc Tm Liverpool 1")
COA received: 11/01/2013

--------------
Documents sent
Form EEA2 (version 07/12, removed all irrelevant pages)
My passport (valid till 2017)
Wife's ID
Wife's PR document (issued in 11/2012)
My bank statement (not very new)
Wife's broadband bill (latest)
Marriage certificate (married on 24/12/2012, Manchester)
Last edited by yoshi_jp on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:32 pm

@shaz
It won't happen unless your other supporting documents will not be insufficient because the receipt of coa generally represents that the application has been gone through the initial checks means validated.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sharazahmad45
Newly Registered

Post by sharazahmad45 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 pm

sheraz7 wrote:@shaz
It won't happen unless your other supporting documents will not be insufficient because the receipt of coa generally represents that the application has been gone through the initial checks means validated.
thanks now i feel relax, i was shocked when i saw new application form in mornning,
coz on 13th of dec i recheck it on ukba website they have same form, anyway thanks

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm

@yoshi_jp

Timeline for reciept of ur COA is the fastest I have seen so far, i must say congrats on that haha

Salem
- thin ice -

Post by Salem » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:02 pm

biggybountz wrote:@ sharazahmad45

I am utterly shocked an out of words, I posted my application on 29th December, the received 2nd Jan 2013. I am very sure of the application forms i used for both applications (EEA1 and EEA2), it was the June/July version, and at the point of posting my application, I checked the website on 29th december to be sure if i was using the right forms, i didnt find the new one there yet....Only for me to check now and seen a new one saying its for applications made on or 12th of December...It was never on the website before sending my applications!

This is terrible, what happens now! are they going to return it! but they hadnt put the new one yet at the time of my application.

I havent had COA yet either
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=122720

azdjani2012
Mood:

Oh My God

Post by azdjani2012 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm

hey guys after waiting 5 months ans 12 days, today i got my RC stamped on passport, time to go with wife on holidays in dubai,

thanks for every one help, and wish you good luck and plz dnt be upset u ill get good news soon

yoshi_jp
Japan

Post by yoshi_jp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:48 pm

biggybountz wrote:@yoshi_jp

Timeline for reciept of ur COA is the fastest I have seen so far, i must say congrats on that haha
Yeah. I must say I was positively surprised by its arrival.

I tried to keep the materials as simple as possible for the petty clerks in Liverpool.

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:19 pm

yoshi_jp wrote:
biggybountz wrote:@yoshi_jp

Yeah. I must say I was positively surprised by its arrival.

I tried to keep the materials as simple as possible for the petty clerks in Liverpool.

What a relief? My package was delivered yesterday with RC stamped on my passport. It took 9 months for the HO to decide on a very straight forward application. I called HO requesting for my COA and once last week to ask about my application. I didn't ask for my spouse passport to b returned.

My timeline
RC application sent: 9/7/12
RC received by HO: 10/7/12
COA: 12/10/12
RC: 10/1/13 stamped 8/1/13.

We got married 8/6/12 in London and applied on the 10/7/12 my psw visa expired on the 30/9/12.

Special thanks to the brains behind this forum especially the guru etc their contribution was helpful. Thanks once more.

I wish all applicants the best of luck.

sharazahmad45
Newly Registered

Documents and application

Post by sharazahmad45 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Application Made on 13th Dec 2012
Recevied by UKBA 14th Dec 2012
COA Receved on 5th Jan 2012 (With right of work)
RC ......... (Waiting)

sharazahmad45
Newly Registered

Post by sharazahmad45 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 pm

fahad346 wrote:Just applied recently for EEA2 RC, idk how long will it take to get COA. If anyone also applied in Dec 2012 get in touch

Cheers

----Married App------

Timeline

EEA2 application sent: 11/12/12
EEA2 Application received : 12/12/2012
COA: waiting
RC Recieved : waiting

i fahad have u receved COA ?
i applied on 13 dec and revcevied COA on 5th JAn 2013

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:54 am

finally some good news started coming through so we can assume home office is back from holidays and the old patron is started to show up now people are receiving rcs on Friday so best of luck to every one who is waiting for rc
and to every one who received their rc after new year it must be a wonderful new year present for you people....
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

jaspreet
Newly Registered

My Story

Post by jaspreet » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Frnds,Iwould like to share my experience.Me nd My wife (EEA national) we came to UK on May 2012 for the 1st time.I had 6 month visa of which 3 months was already expired.
According to ukba if u want to apply for Residence Card ur EEA national family member should excercising treaty rights,So my wife start searching the job.After 2 nd half months in the end of july she found full time(40 hrs) job in 1 Catering store as a Sales Manager than exact after 1 mnth on 30 of aug we send our EEA1 nd EEA2 application.
The document what we send was Our both passports,Marriage Certificate,joint Bank account statement,and just 4 weeks payslips.
Coa came after 1nd half month with right to work nd 4 month 9 days later we recieved mine RC nd my wife Registration Card.It was Royal mail 2nd class nd i had to sign to get my Envelope.
I think if ur EEA national is Employ than immigration board decide more easily than Self-employed or Student nd even Ur EEA national is Employ from very less time it does'nt effect the application.
And also as Iam calculating the time period of their decison from last 6 mnths i think they take 4 to 5 mnths for moreover cases to decide.No matter if ur Coa comes soon or late Bcoz the time i got my Coa(2nd week of Oct) it was almost same dates with the people who applied in the month May,June and july but the time of their decison was 5th month like 80-90% people.
we never tried to contact them to ask about our application.I knw how difficult it is to wait every morning for the post man nd expecting that 2day it will come.
I wish u all Gud luck may gud news will be at ur door soon....Cheers

adams
Newly Registered

Post by adams » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey guys, I got my RC yesterday.

APP sent: 07/08/12
APP received: 08/08/12
COA: 23/10/12 (dated: 21/10/12)
RC: 11/01/13 (dated: 20/12/12)

Sharing is caring.
Thank you all and good luck!

fahad346

Post by fahad346 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:06 pm

sharazahmad45 wrote:
fahad346 wrote:Just applied recently for EEA2 RC, idk how long will it take to get COA. If anyone also applied in Dec 2012 get in touch

Cheers

----Married App------

Timeline

EEA2 application sent: 11/12/12
EEA2 Application received : 12/12/2012
COA: waiting
RC Recieved : waiting

i fahad have u receved COA ?
i applied on 13 dec and revcevied COA on 5th JAn 2013
Wow that terrific dude ! I appled two days early but havent yet received damn COA ! Still waiting for it

manojnafir
- thin ice -

Post by manojnafir » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 pm

finally got my residence card valid till 2018 today....thanks everyone....................my story was amazing............

i sent eea2 application ..i fill form by myself.i did not attach any employment contract letter...after 2 weeks of applied my wife loss job and she still not working but i got residence card .....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:08 pm

manojnafir wrote:finally got my residence card valid till 2018 today....thanks everyone....................my story was amazing............

i sent eea2 application ..i fill form by myself.i did not attach any employment contract letter...after 2 weeks of applied my wife loss job and she still not working but i got residence card .....
But you did attach payslips. There is no requirement to attach a contract. You should be aware that if your wife is not exercising treaty rights, that will reset your 5 years qualifying period for Permanent Residence.

manojnafir
- thin ice -

Post by manojnafir » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:57 am

i attached her payslips and after some weeks of applying she loss job and 6 jan i send them email for issue my residence card and 12 jan i got it on my
passport ..isssued 7 jan.i send this email on the behalf of my wife maybe this helps me...now when i got my residence card on passport can some one tell me next step?
...now i got passport n we both will start work next week...can some one tell me if my e u partner will not work then i can get any problum even i have residence card.......