ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Medical Insurance solution suggestion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Malik123
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Medical Insurance solution suggestion

Post by Malik123 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:49 am

Through this forum can we raise voice for those who are stuck in middle of nowhere?
By reading though many posts It appears that many people are stuck due to comprehensive medical insurance. Especially for working non EU family members in uk. They are paying full tax and national insurance but still they have to buy private medical insurance for them and for their partner if EEA partner exercising self sufficient rights in uk. Many cases and applications have been rejected on this basis which to me is not justification. Because in most of European states if someone is working he is automatically covered by the state. Even in uk NHS recognize this but strangely HO don’t.
I think we can put two petitions for it.
1) To claim our Ni funds from HM Revenue & Customs
Which at least could raise concerns to the authorities and would help to strengthen the case.

2) To put a petition in court that if non EEA member working he/she does not need comprehensive medical insurance.

I know it cost money and time as well. This is why no body come forward yet. but we have to start somewhere. I do not have legal expertise otherwise I would come forward to give my services for free. But what we can do to open an account and collect money to raise fund which could use to lead this case. Even by donating £2-3 will make huge contribution. Anybody who can lead this or come forward with better suggestion would be highly appreciated. By contributing in any way would be help for those innocents which are stuck in this so called modern human rights….. Country. Not just think for yourself but for those who are suffering….

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:45 am

It is a noble idea that you have put forward.It is not only this area where HO have refused many applications.There are wide range of issues where such contributions can help to mount a challenge against HO.Many people have lost their jobs because of delays by HO,something which is through no fault of applicants. Some people cannot afford the services of solictors when their applications are refused, we can make a small contribution to help those who may need such services.This is the time where the politicians will listen to us because they need our votes.I agree with your idea if the admnistrators of this site will put in place a mechanism where such ideas can be put into practice.If we can raise such funds to challenge HO in most of their decisions they have a second thought when refusing applications.At the moment we need voices that will speak for voiceless in this country

thsths

Re: Comprehensive Medical Insurance solution suggestion

Post by thsths » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Malik123 wrote:1) To claim our Ni funds from HM Revenue & Customs
Which at least could raise concerns to the authorities and would help to strengthen the case.
I think that is pointless. While they UKBA says that you need to take out private medical insurance, I think they are wrong. And I doubt they feel responsible for wrong advice.
2) To put a petition in court that if non EEA member working he/she does not need comprehensive medical insurance.
Indeed, although you probably want to frame that wider. I think the UKBA should explain what they expect and on which legal basis - because I still do not see it. Even a student is covered by the NHS, why should the UKBA have the right to demand private insurance? The UKBA tries to require a fair contribute for health insurance, but that is not what the law is about: it is about having cover in case it is required, regardless of how the cover is obtained.

I think the better course of action is to get the whole idea shot down in court. You should probably team up with a knowledgeable organisation such as the IAS to do this.

whyinsure
Newly Registered

Post by whyinsure » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:59 am

Many people do not even stop to think about insuring that very income which is the basis of their financial well being.

mobio
Newly Registered

Post by mobio » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm

This is a noble idea and I am up for it.
My cousin has been refused a PR on a basis that her ex-partner (EU national) wasn't excercising treaty because he claimed JSA allowance twice in the 5 year period.

And the regulations says claiming JSA could not affect the application if the person was a job seeker and gained employment straight after.

Another thing is that the HO do not know the difference between Income-based JSA which is a public fund and Contribution-based JSA which is not public fund. And it is the latter that my cousin''ex claimed.

Awaiting court of appeal.

The HO could do with a serious wake-up call because they think they are so powerful.

Keep me posted.

wasimchudhary
Newly Registered

My PR case has been refused on that base as well

Post by wasimchudhary » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 am

Malik123 wrote:Through this forum can we raise voice for those who are stuck in middle of nowhere?
By reading though many posts It appears that many people are stuck due to comprehensive medical insurance. Especially for working non EU family members in uk. They are paying full tax and national insurance but still they have to buy private medical insurance for them and for their partner if EEA partner exercising self sufficient rights in uk. Many cases and applications have been rejected on this basis which to me is not justification. Because in most of European states if someone is working he is automatically covered by the state. Even in uk NHS recognize this but strangely HO don’t.
I think we can put two petitions for it.
1) To claim our Ni funds from HM Revenue & Customs

I know it cost money and time as well. This is why no body come forward yet. but we have to start somewhere. I do not have legal expertise otherwise I would come forward to give my services for free. But what we can do to open an account and collect money to raise fund which could use to lead this case. Even by donating £2-3 will make huge contribution. Anybody who can lead this or come forward with better suggestion would be highly appreciated. By contributing in any way would be help for those innocents which are stuck in this so called modern human rights….. Country. Not just think for yourself but for those who are suffering….