ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Towards Depandant Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stigebyrant333
Newly Registered

Appeal Towards Depandant Application

Post by stigebyrant333 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 pm

Hello,
Please can you put me through as i was told to appeal against my dependant application.
I submitted my application last year and i was given a certificate of application but was refuse due to lack of evidence that i was depending on my cousin while and before arriving in uk. i appeal against the decision and was given a date for the appeal so can you tell me the chances i have in winning the appeal?
Im a nigerian citizen n we do not keep record so dont really know what to provide to them and also my solicitor said he needs a prove that my cousin has sent me some money while i was in nigeria and that was in 2007 when i was still there so i cant get any details on the transfer is made to me via western union, i try to contact western union to see if i can get it but nope.
I was also thinking that maybe we can convince the judge about having a DNA just to prove that we are really related, will that help?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Appeal Towards Depandant Application

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:24 am

stigebyrant333 wrote:Hello,
Please can you put me through as i was told to appeal against my dependant application.
I submitted my application last year and i was given a certificate of application but was refuse due to lack of evidence that i was depending on my cousin while and before arriving in uk. i appeal against the decision and was given a date for the appeal so can you tell me the chances i have in winning the appeal?
Im a nigerian citizen n we do not keep record so dont really know what to provide to them and also my solicitor said he needs a prove that my cousin has sent me some money while i was in nigeria and that was in 2007 when i was still there so i cant get any details on the transfer is made to me via western union, i try to contact western union to see if i can get it but nope.
I was also thinking that maybe we can convince the judge about having a DNA just to prove that we are really related, will that help?
I am not an immigration advisor, and based upon the information I have, I can say your chances of success are anywhere between zero and hundred percent. You have a solicitor dealing with your case, so best rely on the guidance he provides you. No one on the forum can point give you a magic pill to win the appeal.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Your could swore an affidavit, attesting to the fact that he was providing your needs during the time you were in Nigeria, and that without him providing for these needs, you will be unable to sustain yourself.

DNA is really not important for this category, as you are not going to receive RC on the basis of you relationship, but on the basis of whether you are dependant or member of his household, in the EEA state where he has just migrated from, or from Nigeria.

An evidence showing provision of support, could be vital. For example, evidence he paid school fees, or owned the house you previously lived in, or paid rent for the accommodation in which you lived before coming to the UK, will most likely be helpful.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors