ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS RETENTION OF RIGHTS THE SAME AS PR or ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oraake

IS RETENTION OF RIGHTS THE SAME AS PR or ILR

Post by oraake » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Hello good people.

I am aware that RETENTION OF RIGHTS is what you get if a non eea national severes relationship with the spouse who is an eea national (i guess!!!)

Now my question is is RETENTION OF RIGHTS the same as PR or ILR?

Please kindly respond.

Thanks

bobobo

Re: IS RETENTION OF RIGHTS THE SAME AS PR or ILR

Post by bobobo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:37 pm

No retention of rights is your way of staying in an EU country independently i.e. you are not dependent on the EU spouse any more. You still have to apply for PR after exercising rights in the UK for 5 years. The Ret Rights helps to prove that you are independent fromn your EU spouse and when you apply after 5 years the HO are just interetse din you and what you have been doing here for 5 years.
oraake wrote:Hello good people.

I am aware that RETENTION OF RIGHTS is what you get if a non eea national severes relationship with the spouse who is an eea national (i guess!!!)

Now my question is is RETENTION OF RIGHTS the same as PR or ILR?

Please kindly respond.

Thanks