ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea4. Eea member causing trouble

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zinger1
Newly Registered

Eea4. Eea member causing trouble

Post by zinger1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 am

People please help.

Got Residence card may 2005 as non eea, as married to Eea national since 2002. But partner's country joined EU in may 2004.

We have a child between us, who was born in 2008.

My wife has been working non stop since march 2005 therefore exercising her EU treaty.

In 2007 my partner suffered from nervous breakdown as working is stressful and was off sick for 5 months but still employed

Since then my partner has become very aggressive and abusive towards me .

I have been in full employment all this time.

After she had the baby in 2008 things improved but mid 2009 we started arguing again on silly little things and some times things got out of hand verbally only.

As she tries to black mail me and threaten me with divorce. she knows I am still dependent on her due to my visa status.

Few times I had to leave the house as I didn't want to things to escalate and had to stay in a hotel. This happened few times, so one of my friends helped me give me a room in his house, as I was spending too much money for hotel room.

Between September 2009 and January 2010 i had to stayed with him may be 6 / 7 times.

One day in 2010 we again unfortunately had an argument and my wife called the police, and told them that i threatened to kill her. Which was obviously not true. I was in the house at that time and police asked me to leave the house for that day. Police told me that no action will be taken against me, as i have a clear police record and my wife did not say that i have ever hit her before or that day.

But my wife told the police that i had moved out of the family house 2-3 months ago which is not true as i only stay at my friends house only when I am unable to sleep at my family house.

Since then I had to get a CRB check due to my work, and nothing has showed up there.

I still live with my wife, son, married and just try to avoid any type of argument.

As I have applied for PR (EEA4).

Can any one tell me if the statement buy my wife, to the police in January 2010, that i have moved out, have adverse effect on my application.

I am worried sick and i am unable to concentrate on anything.

Any advice or personal experience would greatly help.

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by zinger1 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 am

Hi Zinger1

I feel sorry for you dude....very very sorry

But let me tell you something........ if you have document to prove that you lived together that would work....

Criminal record goes bad if police or other parties take any reaction... just complains are usually not enough to justify someone has commit a crime...based on Human Rights...

Now.... AS you applied for EEA4, i wanna give you an advice

Focus or your marriage... Live for others... atleast until you get your PR back...
Do whatever it takes to keep people laughing and happy.... Its the life or time that is playing with you... Show it what you can do....

This is bcuz this is very crucial time for you... As others say grey area....
And i think all couples have arguement in their lives.... DONT lose focus...

I hope you understand what i am saying.....
Dont worry abt application..... whatever happened is past... Focus on what you have in your hands now....dont let it be riuned or ruin you....

God help those who help themselves

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 pm

On a personal note, i will strongly advise you encourage your wife to seek professional help, in the interest of your relationship and the best interest of your children.

Have a chat with GP and see if there is any help that can help stabalise things.

From a legal perspective, the police phone call will have no bearing on your application. Provided she has shown evidence of her having exercise treaty rights for a period of 5 years.

Your action does not meet any of the public policy requirements, and hence your application will not be jeorpodised.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors