ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - out of the UK for too long, pls help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ging-ging
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - out of the UK for too long, pls help

Post by ging-ging » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi everyone, I am EEA national and have another topic going on about EE3/4, but thought to start a new one about naturalisation.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61781

If all is well, I should have qualified for PR in March 2010 but haven’t actually applied for it yet and was thinking about going directly for naturalisation after the +1 year. However, only now I have read the residential requirements, specifically what applies to the last 12 month and got worried. I am on unpaid leave from work and since March I have already been out of UK for 3 months (currently abroad as well), and will go for another 1 month in September, which will be more than the 90 days allowed. As far as I understand, I won’t be able to apply for naturalisation next March because of this, or is there any way out of it? Can I apply at a later date? Does anybody have similar experiences?
Would this affect my non-EEA husband, who is supposed to get his PR in May ’11?
Thanks for any comment.

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation - out of the UK for too long, pls help

Post by alikhan28 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:16 pm

ging-ging wrote:Hi everyone, I am EEA national and have another topic going on about EE3/4, but thought to start a new one about naturalisation.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61781

If all is well, I should have qualified for PR in March 2010 but haven’t actually applied for it yet and was thinking about going directly for naturalisation after the +1 year. However, only now I have read the residential requirements, specifically what applies to the last 12 month and got worried. I am on unpaid leave from work and since March I have already been out of UK for 3 months (currently abroad as well), and will go for another 1 month in September, which will be more than the 90 days allowed. As far as I understand, I won’t be able to apply for naturalisation next March because of this, or is there any way out of it? Can I apply at a later date? Does anybody have similar experiences?
Would this affect my non-EEA husband, who is supposed to get his PR in May ’11?
Thanks for any comment.
For Naturalization this is a rule for absence like not more 90 days in one year(correct me if i am wrong here) and for five years there are xxx days(I did not remember).If you fall short of these you would be refused.

Ali

ging-ging
Newly Registered

Post by ging-ging » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:35 pm

I have my work and family in the UK so I want to settle down permanently, is there any way I can still apply for naturalisation? I don't need it so much for me but because of my husband who is non-EEA.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Your husband can naturalise independently 1 year after he attains PR. This is not tied to you naturalising first or at all.