ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 application. Wifes passport expiring 09/2010

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elegance
Newly Registered

EEA3 application. Wifes passport expiring 09/2010

Post by elegance » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi all. I applied for Permanent residency in April 2010, still waiting. My problem/questions are: My wifes passport, included with application, runs out at the end of September 2010. What is gonna happen if my application is not decided by then? Also, she is possesion of an ID Card which runs out in 2015. Is it possible to contact BA somehow and request a swap of the passport for the ID card? Or is it even necessary as we applied with valid documents in first place?

Cheers for any info/advice.

troubled

Post by troubled » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:21 pm

You have no problem since the passport was valid at the time you made the application.ID card serves the same purpose as the passport so if they require new ID you can send that one ,but I do not think they will request for new ID since the passport was valid at the time of making the application. Furthermore, if the passport was not valid at the time of making application ,your documents would have been returned to you,once they did not return your documents it means everything was ok at the time.