ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shanade
Newly Registered

family member

Post by shanade » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi There,

I am an irish passport holder and my spouse is an egyptian national.
We are planning to spend some time in Egypt in the new year and then perhaps travel to Netherlands or Czech Republic to stay with family.

My question is, If we are travelling together and present our marriage certificate at the relevent embassy in Cairo, is my spouse automatically entitled to a schengen visa. due to the fact that he will be travelling with his eu spouse?

I have looked at the Schengen visa application form on the embassies' websites, and it seems a very short form, so thats why I was wondering, in the instance of travelling as a non-eea family member, is the visa practically guaranted to be granted?

Also, if my spouse is in Netherlands/Czech with me and I enter employment there, can he then transfer from schengen visa to family member permit?

Any info much appreciated

Sorry if post is a little long, just a little confused, different information everywhere online!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:56 pm

The answer to all your questions is, in principle at least, yes. What you would be applying for once in the member state is a residence card and not a permit (that's an important distinction). In practice, however, you may run into the ignorance of the embassies. Maybe someone else may be able to comment on the situation in Cairo.