ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife received PR Feb 2011 and now wants divorce April 2011

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michelinha

Post by michelinha » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Nimitta wrote:
michelinha wrote: No quite, I ve retained my rights of residency without any help or documents from my ex EEA national.
How did you do that?
It wasnt easy I ve paid a very good solicitor, proved that I had enough founds. I did have some bills with my ex name on it and bank statements and Decree absolute.
I ve gathered everything i could, but didnt have his passport or ID or payslips or tax return. Nothing proving that he was on exerc. treaty rights.

It was great I manage to get that, dispite all the silly game i have to endure, just because he was EEA national.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Ok, thanks. I just see from your previous post that you had at least a copy of his passport.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 pm

I believe a lot has changed over the years in regards to retention of rights of residence ,
previously, people who retain their right of residence were issued with PR, now it is a further 5 years residence card. They use to request evidence that the non-eea has been in the UK over this period, now they request information about EEA national.

It is possible that the policy that was in place when the previous contributor applied, has changed significantly over the years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

michelinha

Post by michelinha » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:46 pm

86ti wrote:Ok, thanks. I just see from your previous post that you had at least a copy of his passport.
Its true but this doesnt mean anything to the HO. They dont accept copies unless is state (which wasnt my case) a could cause i believe.