ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 YR RULE & Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oraake

5 YR RULE & Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI)

Post by oraake » Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 am

Hello all.............. a quick on here!

Got married to an eu national in 2008, submitted my application in Dec 2008. I got back my passport with the RC in January 2010.

My question is, does the 5 yr rule commence from he date of our marriage or from the date on he RC?

Secondly, having just heard about this comprehensive sickness insurance, my wife was in employment but has now gone back to school and has been for over a year. She should complete her studies in the summer of 2013.

If we do take out a comprehensive sickness cover now, would it be ok to do so or does anyone think the HO would insist that we should have had it since she switched from employment to full time study?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:35 am

Residence count begins from the date of marriage.

CSI should've been taken out once your wife became a student. It cannot be backdated and the UKBA may be immovable on this.

oraake

Post by oraake » Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 am

i might be wrong on this..............but i dont think there was any talk of comprehensive sickness insurance in 2008 when i applied?

is this provision a new one or has it always been the prerequisite for granting PR?

Please do kindly reply