ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Family Permit - Residency Card Question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flashware

Post by flashware » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Jambo wrote:It doesn't really matter. There isn't a threshold you need to meet. I would put gross. You can also ignore the question if you wish.

It is the EEA national activities that matter. Your activities are not relevant (unless you are living of your salary in which case, the EEA national is exercising treaty rights as self sufficient and you need to fill in section 8).
That clears it up nicely, thanks! Hopefully send off tomorrow.

flashware

Post by flashware » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Just wanted to provide an update, sent in the application as per my signature and have the COA so just waiting on the RC now (which should be issued as an A4 sheet).

The application has been done with my wife's current passport which is in her maiden name, so we're looking at when the right time is to get her new passport with her new married name. Would that affect the processing of the application? If so, are we best to leave it and simply wait till I have my RC? My main concern is whether once that is done, I'd then need to apply for an RC again.

To add another curveball into the mix, my passport is getting close to filling up and I may have to renew by the end of the year ; does the RC automatically transfer across or will I need to apply yet again? If so, do people generally find that the 2nd time around (when it's just to transfer to a new passport) it's quicker?

Thanks!
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 pm

flashware wrote:Just wanted to provide an update, sent in the application as per my signature and have the COA so just waiting on the RC now (which should be issued as an A4 sheet).

The application has been done with my wife's current passport which is in her maiden name, so we're looking at when the right time is to get her new passport with her new married name. Would that affect the processing of the application? If so, are we best to leave it and simply wait till I have my RC? My main concern is whether once that is done, I'd then need to apply for an RC again.

To add another curveball into the mix, my passport is getting close to filling up and I may have to renew by the end of the year ; does the RC automatically transfer across or will I need to apply yet again? If so, do people generally find that the 2nd time around (when it's just to transfer to a new passport) it's quicker?

Thanks!
Your wife can apply for a new (name) passport whenever she wishes to. It will have no affect on your RC application.

If you get a new passport, there is no need to transfer the RC. Just carry both (expired and new) with you when you travel. The RC will be still valid even if the passport isn't.

flashware

Post by flashware » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 am

Jambo wrote:
flashware wrote:Just wanted to provide an update, sent in the application as per my signature and have the COA so just waiting on the RC now (which should be issued as an A4 sheet).

Thanks!
Your wife can apply for a new (name) passport whenever she wishes to. It will have no affect on your RC application.

If you get a new passport, there is no need to transfer the RC. Just carry both (expired and new) with you when you travel. The RC will be still valid even if the passport isn't.
I was hoping that would be the case! Great.

Emc

Post by Emc » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 am

Hi flashware,

I am very interested in getting a mortgage with my husband, please tell me which mortgage provider are you using ? I am feel hopeless about getting on th emortgage with my RC, even that it's valid till 2016.

Best of luck with you RC, I am shure it will be with you any day now :)

thsths

Post by thsths » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Emc wrote:Hi flashware,

I am very interested in getting a mortgage with my husband, please tell me which mortgage provider are you using ? I am feel hopeless about getting on th emortgage with my RC, even that it's valid till 2016.

Give it a try, and make it perfectly clear that this is only the expire date of your residence card. It does not mean that your right to stay in the UK is time limited - you can stay as long as the requirements are satisfied.

flashware

Post by flashware » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:47 pm

thsths wrote:
Emc wrote:Hi flashware,

Give it a try, and make it perfectly clear that this is only the expire date of your residence card. It does not mean that your right to stay in the UK is time limited - you can stay as long as the requirements are satisfied.
I'd be surprised if you were knocked back, they normally only really look for you having the legal right to stay for the next 2-3 years, so an RC dated to expire in 2016 should be fine!

Take a look at http://www.scottishwidows.co.uk/ ; alternatively engage a mortgage broker and they can provide you with the most up to date information and advice.