ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best approach to transfer large funds from India to UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rachsach

Best approach to transfer large funds from India to UK

Post by rachsach » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi,
I have an unusual query, may be someone who may have encountered the same situation in the past would be able to give me some advice.

Basically I have invested in a flat back home in India. This investment was made in early 2012 and property is nearly finished. Over the years I have transferred funds from my UK bank account to NRI bank account and from there I have paid instalments to the builder.

Since the flat is nearly finished and there are potential buyers who are interested in buying my flat. The flat would sale for nearly 30 lacs, roughly near 30,000 pounds.

As you can appreciate it is easy to send funds from the UK to India but is relatively harder to get funds back to the UK. I require this money to buy a property in the UK. I have a potential buyer who is willing to transfer the funds from his Indian bank account to my UK bank account. However, my question is there a limit to which someone can transfer funds from India to UK, are there any tax implications, and how does the UK bank account consider this large transfer of funds?

Thanks for reading my post. I would appreciate if you could help me understand the best approach to get the funds in the UK.

Thanks
Romi

gbhsmp

Re: Best approach to transfer large funds from India to UK

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:09 pm

applyforILR

Re: Best approach to transfer large funds from India to UK

Post by applyforILR » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:47 am

I am in the similar situation. Please update us if you were able to transfer it.

Thanks in advance.
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 04-07-2015
Date money gone off account: 16-07-2015
letter requesting biometrics: 03-09-2015 (dated 28-08-2015)
biometrics done: 15-09-2015
Approval :10-10-2015 ( dated 01-10-2015)