ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to UK within next 3 months

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ankitv

Travelling to UK within next 3 months

Post by ankitv » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi,

I am a newbie and hold a valid Tier 1 visa until 2012. I am into Business process analysis in Telco domain. I have following questions on which i need some help from you guys.

1. Is it possible to come to UK on long leave without leaving your current job and secure a job in UK. Would UK employers be bothered about relieving letter/resignation confirmation etc?

If you have seen any references please cite them

2. if any one is planning to travel in the next 3 months, please let me know, it would be of great help.

waiting for your valuable inputs

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling to UK within next 3 months

Post by muditmalhotra » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:03 pm

ankitv wrote:Hi,

I am a newbie and hold a valid Tier 1 visa until 2012. I am into Business process analysis in Telco domain. I have following questions on which i need some help from you guys.

1. Is it possible to come to UK on long leave without leaving your current job and secure a job in UK. Would UK employers be bothered about relieving letter/resignation confirmation etc?

2. if any one is planning to travel in the next 3 months, please let me know, it would be of great help.

yeah i m aplanning to leave in next 3 months ...
i have a doubt,,, if you take a long leave from your office and search for job
then after getting job will you quit or will you be absconding ??
if you quit u might need to serve some notice period ....

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling to UK within next 3 months

Post by mvent00 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:13 pm

ankitv wrote:Hi,

1. Is it possible to come to UK on long leave without leaving your current job and secure a job in UK. Would UK employers be bothered about relieving letter/resignation confirmation etc? I think this should not be an issue.

Rao_Bang

Post by Rao_Bang » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:51 am

Hi

I am also planning to leave within 3 months.

My email id : Narayana.pnr@gmail.com

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Sat May 01, 2010 7:21 am

Yes you are right Mudit , i cant go absconding as my PF is there with my current employer...

thanks for your reply...

1. narayan and Mudit , what technology are you expert on?

2. I am travelling on my Tier 1 Visa after a gap of 1.5 years. Would you guys foresee any problem in that?

Thanks for your advice. :)

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:15 am

ankitv wrote:Yes you are right Mudit , i cant go absconding as my PF is there with my current employer...

thanks for your reply...

2. I am travelling on my Tier 1 Visa after a gap of 1.5 years. Would you guys foresee any problem in that?

Hi ,

You got your TIER1 before 1.5 years ??? man this will be really problem for you and may be you were stopped at the terminal and in worst case they will refuse your entry to UK . I am really worried ....

*** Your TIER1 is for 3 years or 2 years ****** in any case be ready to give some answers Best Of luck!!!!!!!!!!!! but technically there is nor problem but as you have to be " Active" to extend your visa ... in UK .. they can ask you why so much late ...

Good Luck!

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Sat May 01, 2010 12:06 pm

My visa is valid for 3 years... why will I be refused entry to UK?

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Sat May 01, 2010 12:15 pm

ankitv wrote:Yes you are right Mudit , i cant go absconding as my PF is there with my current employer...

thanks for your reply...

Dont worry, just be prepared for few more ques !! browse this forum a bit more and you shall find typical question :)
no one is going to stop you because of this :), be confident n prepare your answers :)

Good Luck !!

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Sat May 01, 2010 12:17 pm

:) thanks for that Mudit.... any specific posts that you might recollect now... i will go through those posts :)

ramkrishna17
Newly Registered

Post by ramkrishna17 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:07 am

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:45 pm

For the benefit who have a similar situation as mine. here's what I did.

I faced no problems at all during immigration port of entry in UK. I was not asked any questions, even though I carried receipts of UK pounds that i got converted, proof that I will go back to my home country once my work here is complete (showed that i own a home in india).

I left my job in India, came to Uk without any job in hand. I stayed at a friends place and started applying for jobs rigurously. After that I was able to get a job here...

best of luck