ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP....!!

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ritu_26
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP....!!

Post by ritu_26 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi,
Thanks for reading my post, i am really looking forward for some expert advice. I was in United kingdom from 2008 to 2010 and moved to US couple of months back. When i left i had couple of bills unpaid - my mobile bill, online shopping account (LITTLEWOODS) and i guess water bill for the house i rented ( it arrived after i left the country though) . I paid for montly installments and bills regualarly before leaving the country, but stopped later on as i had no source of income. I honestly thought it wouldnt matter much, infact i visited UK in december (when my visa was still active) and wasnt asked a single question, not on the airporticon, not in the country , no emails..nothing at all...But now suddenly couple of days back i got am email from my house owner about some debt collectorsicon and police approaching them asking about my details. She gave them whatever information she had about me when i signed the housing contract - my house address, my phone number of my native land and now that i live in US. now i am not really sure who approached the landlord - mobile company guys, online shopping account or the water guys

I want to visit UK now and i am really worried now,
will their be any issues in my visa application,
will i be blacklisted from entering UK forever,
will i be prisoned for this. I am not even sure if these all things end up being a criminal offense ( which i really didnt mean to get into ).
Also i have heard littlewoods file up for CCJs as a matter of fact every company does i guess for debt collection, i am not sure if i have one against me as i am not in UK anymore, and i dont know if CCJ is a criminal conviction???

Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:43 am

A debt collector would call at your address to collect payments. but the police wouldn't visit your house for unpaid civil debts..mobile phone, water bill, catalogue unpaid account. Are you sure there's nothing else other than what you've posted?
This is more of a 'settling up' than 'settling in' problem. :?
However...CCJ's aren't criminal offences...they're Civil judgements.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:55 am

Further to Casa's advice above, get in touch with your landlord to get more details. Also get in touch with the debt management company as soon as they send you a letter to clear your debts. The company might send a letter to your landlord if you have not provided a forwarding address, hence its better if you provide your landlord with a valid phone number/address where he could contact you and send you the letter. If they contact you by e-mail, then you can get back to them directly.

All I can say is, get your debts cleared asap. You do not want to face problems if you do plan to return to the UK at a future date.

ritu_26
Newly Registered

hi

Post by ritu_26 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello guys,
Thanx a lot....i was actually planing to do that....but honestly i am not sure if my landlord has actually registered a complained against me or even if police has approached them......because they informed me that they have given all my details to the debt company and police as well...and till now i havent received a single email from any of them... Also the about online shopping account i mentioned, i had provided them my email and honestly havent heard anything from them as well...i mean i got one email in 2010 mentioning i had a pending payment, thats it, and actually i thought i would take care of it but then i got so messed up with my financial condition i just completely forgot about it......anyways thanx a lot guys i will try to get in touch with them asap.... :)

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

I agree with much of what has been posted already. You can avoid a lot of hassle by settling up your debts (assuming that you are financially able to). If you are able to settle your debts, perhaps it might be worth making contact with the debt management agency?