ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent Visa Application

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ozgendeniz83
Turkey

Global Talent Visa Application

Post by ozgendeniz83 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:36 pm

HI,

I have a complicated immigration history. I am a highly talented scientist with a British husband and daughter. I worked in the UK for 6 years under Tier 2. However, due to the wrong advice given from UKVI and EU Settlement Scheme, instead of applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in June 2019, I applied for EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, 3 months after my application my Tier 2 expired and my lawyer suggested to apply for ILR on the basis of my work rights were extended (ECS check came positive even 4 weeks after my Tier 2 expired implying that on time EU Settlement application extended my Tier 2 rights (Article 3C). Long story short, I just got refused from my ILR application and submitted an administrative review. The reason for the refusal was EU Settlement Scheme is not covered under Article 3C and this information was not clearly stated anywhere.

I have also been endorsed by the Royal Society for Global Talent Visa Application. The question is whether my ILR refusal would affect my GTV application procedure. I will have to go back to Turkey to apply for GTV Stage 2, which normally takes 3 weeks. I am now worried my immigration history would negatively affect GTV decision. This would be devastating as my family is here and another rejection means separation of our young family (my daughter is just 2 years old).

I would highly appreciate any input.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Global Talent Visa Application

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice