ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside the UK after submitting the GTV application

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

Travelling outside the UK after submitting the GTV application

Post by portosru » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:37 pm

Can you please direct me on the question of whether travelling outside the UK at any point after submitting the GTV application and before receiving the response invalidates the application?
Can one submit the "Applying from inside the UK" application online from abroad, and then come back to the UK and submit the biometrics?
I assume that after submitting the biometrics one needs to stay in the UK until the decicion and the card arrive. Am I wrong?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling outside the UK after submitting the GTV application

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:28 am

portosru wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:37 pm
Can you please direct me on the question of whether travelling outside the UK at any point after submitting the GTV application and before receiving the response invalidates the application?
Paragraph 34K of the Immigration Rules:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk
portosru wrote:
Can one submit the "Applying from inside the UK" application online from abroad, and then come back to the UK and submit the biometrics?
No. The first question of the process asks you where you are, and if you are in the UK it says you cannot apply.
portosru wrote:
I assume that after submitting the biometrics one needs to stay in the UK until the decicion and the card arrive. Am I wrong?
No you are correct, but you must do the whole application in the UK, not just the Biometrics.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by portosru » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:57 pm

Thank you very much for the response and the reference!

Is it possible to translate the point 34K in the way so that one can travel outside the UK after submitting the application online but before the biometrics is done?
Technically we do not provide proof of identity the way it is explained in 34(5). And, before the biometrics are submitted the application has NOT been returned to the applicant pending a decision.
Would that be a "technical window" for one to travel without violating the 34K paragraph?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 pm

portosru wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:57 pm
Would that be a "technical window" for one to travel without violating the 34K paragraph?
No. See also the section on "Withdrawn applications" in the caseworker guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

If you need to prioritise travel, do so, then apply outside the UK and return to the UK on the new permission. If travel can wait until the outcome of your application, apply inside the UK, then travel when you have the new permission. Trying to game the system and apply partly outside the UK and then partly inside the UK is needlessly complicated and risky.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by portosru » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:13 am

Thank you for the clarifications and comprehensive response!
I did not think that I can apply for my switch to GTV in another country. I thought that leave to remain needs to be applied for from inside the UK only.
What are the trade-offs of applying for a switch from outside the UK? Any additional documents like for example tuberculosis tests and proof of funds available? I am a resident and spent most of my time in the UK during the last several years. Would I be treated as a new entrant if applying from outside the UK?
And, is it going to be a BRP card or a sticker in the passport if outside?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:00 pm

portosru wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:13 am
I did not think that I can apply for my switch to GTV in another country. I thought that leave to remain needs to be applied for from inside the UK only.
The application portal is clear that applications can be made inside or outside the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/global-talent
portosru wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:13 am
What are the trade-offs of applying for a switch from outside the UK? Any additional documents like for example tuberculosis tests and proof of funds available? I am a resident and spent most of my time in the UK during the last several years. Would I be treated as a new entrant if applying from outside the UK?
And, is it going to be a BRP card or a sticker in the passport if outside?
Given your ongoing questions, and the volume of them, I recommend getting professional advice.

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by portosru » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:06 pm

Thank you very much, sah10406!
You helped a lot on this matter.
I see I have some options now.