ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry about GTV dependants still on previous Skilled Worker visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abadm
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Enquiry about GTV dependants still on previous Skilled Worker visa

Post by Abadm » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:02 pm

Hi All.
Greetings!
I had skilled worker visa for 5 years (4 years, 10 months, 15 days). My dependents have valid visa for the same period under this scheme. Recently, I switched to GTV after two years on skilled worker visa.

I have few questions, please help to advise on:
1. Should my dependents switch their visa now with me or they can continue on the previous valid visa?
2. Can I apply for ILR after one year (2 previous years on skilled worker visa + 1 year on GTV)?
3. If they don't need to switch now, can they apply for ILR if their visa period is: 45 days less than 5 years? Or they need to extend their visa?
4. As I will apply for ILR after one year, when they need to extend their visa (if required): while I still have GTV, or they can extend it later after I receive ILR (without clock reset toward their ILR applications).

Thank you very much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Enquiry about GTV dependants still on previous Skilled Worker visa

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:27 pm

Abadm wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:02 pm
Hi All.
Greetings!
I had skilled worker visa for 5 years (4 years, 10 months, 15 days). My dependents have valid visa for the same period under this scheme. Recently, I switched to GTV after two years on skilled worker visa.

I have few questions, please help to advise on:
1. Should my dependents switch their visa now with me or they can continue on the previous valid visa?
2. Can I apply for ILR after one year (2 previous years on skilled worker visa + 1 year on GTV)?
3. If they don't need to switch now, can they apply for ILR if their visa period is: 45 days less than 5 years? Or they need to extend their visa?
4. As I will apply for ILR after one year, when they need to extend their visa (if required): while I still have GTV, or they can extend it later after I receive ILR (without clock reset toward their ILR applications).

Thank you very much.
1. They can switch when their visas are about to run out
2. The time under other dependant visa routes count
3. They can, they can be under any dependant route
4. They can extend as dependants even after your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice